Chapter 13 : Disgrace

--Connie's POV--

"How can you call yourself a knight?" Pearl looked at me with rage in her eyes.

At this point, I am completely broken down. I am sitting in the floor in front of the couch. I hid my head under my hair as I weeped uncontrollably. Amethyst put her hand on my back to try to comfort me.

"Pearl stop!" Amethyst screamed.

I looked up from my puddle of tears. Amethyst was staring at me with worry in her eyes.

"Amethyst it's fine. It's all my fault. I shouldn't have reacted that way. I was just caught up in the moment."

Pearl's reply was cut off when Ruby walked into the door. I jumped back, and crawled towards the warp pad when I saw her. Amethyst stood up and blocked me from her. At least someone is on my side. It hardly matters either way. Ruby summoned her weapon and launched herself over Amethyst. She lifted her fist into the air, getting ready to strike. Before she could hit me, I black whip wrapped around her waist. She was yanked back and was hurled through the beach house. The whole wall broke as Ruby flew further and further away.

Amethyst grabbed Steven's gem and me. She jumped onto the warp pad, and we disappeared through a beam of light.  When the beam of light disappeared, we were in some sort of jungle.  Amethyst let go of me and sat down beside a tree.  I followed, and sat down too.  She gazed into the pink gem balancing on her finger tips.  I could see Amethyst's face in the reflection of the gem, she was crying. 

"Do you want to hold him?"  Amethyst asked, wiping away her tears.

I shook my head and she handed me the piece of Rose Quartz.  I stared at the gem.  I don't understand how much my life can change because of this small chunk of rock.  All I could think of was Steven's bright smile,mouth all I saw was my tear-stained face in the reflection.  I held the gem close to my chest. 

"Why did you stand up for me?"  I asked, breaking the silence.

She looked out into the distance, "I know that it wasn't your fault.  The way you act around him, you wouldn't do anything to hurt him."

I chuckled softly in shock, "Will he come back?"

The second I mentioned it, Amethyst froze.  Her vision was locked into the horizon.  She breathed in slowly.

"I don't know.  We've never asked Garnet, I don't even know if she knows." 

"Did you see it?"  Amethyst asked.

"What do you mean?  I looked at her curiously.

"Did you see him turn.  Did you watch him corrupt?"  She picked up the gem from the ground.

I shook my head and she saw through the reflection.   We both jumped up when the warp pad started to glow.  We both ran, and ended up climbing into a tree.  We both crouched down, and steadied our breathing.  A huge beam of light broke through the sky.  A shorter form was showing through. 

This isn't good.

Ruby found us.

Amethyst pulled out her whip, and she motioned me to stay behind her.  When the light disappeared, we were both surprised.  Sapphire stood on the warp pad, scouting the area.  We both jumped down from the tree.  When her eye met us, she smiled in relief.  She floated off of the warp pad, and landed in front of us.  I backed behind Amethyst.

"Are you angry at me?"  I asked, glancing over Amethyst's head.

She gazed off into the distance, "No."

I sighed in relief.  Amethyst's whip disappeared.  I pulled Steven's gem out of my pocket. 

"Ten minutes."  I looked at her with a crazy expression.

"Ten minutes until he comes back."  I smiled softly, and so did Amethyst.

Well, now we wait.

--Author's Note--

So, Amethyst seems like she is gonna be friends with Connie.  For the rest of the group, I don't know what will happen.

I hope you liked this chapter!

Leave a vote, share, comment, and follow!!

Please, don't be a silent reader.

The question of the chapter is : Have you ever gotten an injury that is permanent?

See yah next time!!