two ; don't worry

Start from the beginning

Alice furrowed her perfectly plucked eyebrows, intrigued at the comment. "Why? I mean, how come? You're twins, living in the same house, same school."

"I was always more social, while Bella was the stay-home-and-read type." I tried explaining with no hand gestures, but failed. Jacob always made fun of me for using my hand in every sentence. "Half of the time she came to my room was to ask me and my friends to keep it down." A ghost of a smile decorated my lips. 

Alice laughed a small laugh, and I was amazed by how musical a laugh can sound. Ridiculous. "So why did you move here?"

I raced my mind, heart quickening. What was Bella's reasoning for coming to Forks?

For the first time in a long time, I stumbled over my words. "Well, uh, our mom's new husband is like, a- uh- baseball player. He travels a lot, and mom was always all torn up about having to stay home with us, or when she was leaving us to go with him. I mostly think it was because she was scared I'm gonna throw a party."

Alice smiled again, "would you?"

"Probably," I grinned sheepishly.

"Swan, Cullen!" a voice warned, "if you could please pay attention."

"Nah, sir, we're having a nice chat," I blurted out without even realizing. Stunned silence fell on the class, and he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Ms. Swan, if it was anything but your first day, you'd be getting detention for the rest of the year."

I simply smiled.

"Hey Bells!" I cheered, sitting next to her at the cafeteria.

"Oh, hi Ash," she greeted, relieved. "How's your day so far?"

"Great!" I beamed at her, "hey Mike," I smiled at the blond boy, who smiled back, "how's your day so far?" I asked Bella, making her shrug.

"Weird."

"Like you?"

"Shut up dork."

I laughed, turning to the brunette next to Mike. "Hey, you're the one that yelled to us from the car," she noted. I was almost sheepish, before I realized I'm actually the only cool person in that school, and I should own up to that.

I smirked, "the one and only. I'm Ashley, you?"

"Jessica," she grinned, liking the fact that she got a distraction from the chat between Mike and the black haired that was looking at Bella like she was a toy. "So, Bella has no juicy stories, but I bet you do," she flattered, smiling.

"Juicy..." I grinned to myself after a moment of thought. "Well, there was that one time when--" Tyler jumped out of nowhere, kissing Bella's cheek and taking the chair from under Mike.

Jessica and me shamelessly laughed at the look on his face, but Bella just looked plainly embarrassed.

Mike hopped up, running after Tyler, while Jessica and I struggled to regain our breath from laughing.

"What's so funny?" Bella asked, looking like she was in physical pain from having to spend time with teenagers.

"What's not funny?" I countered.

"Yeah, it's like first grade all over again," Jessica laughed lightly, looking at Bella strangely. "You're the shiny new toy." She sounded so bitter and envious, that I was confused for a moment. I reached out the camera hanging from my neck, and I tried to take in a deep breath.

"Well, they don't act like that with you," Bella said, looking at me. "What's your secret?" she asked, making Jessica laugh again.

"I don't know Bells, all I know is that you are too awkward for your own good."