chapter 5

THE NEXT DAY

It was 4:39 and I was getting ready with Jaime to meet his parents. As I was picking out a shirt Jaime was in the room getting excited. "Don't move stay right here" I said as I turned Jaime to face the wall. "Okay you can turn around now" I said and threw my used shirt on the bed. "So what'd I miss" Jaime asked with a wink. "Nothin except a view" I said with a smile plastered on my face. With Jaime sitting on the bed I went to sit on his lap and I gave him a kiss.

We where right at the doorstep to Jaime's parents' house and I was nervous. We both walked to the front door and Jaime rung the bell. A small sturdy woman with dark hair and dark eyes came out and have Jaime a tight squeeze. "Mijo welcome." And she planted a kiss on his forehead. "Mom your embarrassing me." Said Jaime pulling away. "Oh sorry. And who is this pretty girl" she smiled, which made me smile. "This is my girlfriend heather" Jaime introduced. "Hi its so nice to meet you" I said with Jaime's mom shaking my hand. "Come let's get ready for dinner" Mrs preciado spoke.

For dinner we had chicken stew, bread rolls, salad with green beans, and crackers with mixed cheese and seasonings. For dessert we had red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting. This was one of the best meals I've ever had honestly.

We all went into the living room and talked about ourselves, but mostly me. "So how'd you and Jaime meet" asked Mr preciado, Jaime's dad. "She stayed over at Vic's place for a little while while her roof was getting fixed" Jaime lied. It wasn't really a lie it was more of the truth but sprinkled with salt hehehe. I'm just glad he didn't tell his parents what actually happened... If he knew exactly what happened. I think he knew though.

We ended up leaving about three hours later and I must say I really like good parents. They're nice, they accept me and I actually feel accepted as a person. "So how'd you like it" Jaime asked with his arm around my waist. With a huge grin on my face "it was nice I really liked it." Jaime gave me a tight squeeze.

When we got home we turned things into a movie night and cuddled up in the media room. I laid my head on Jaime's chest to hear his heartbeat without realizing he was asleep. I soon fell asleep and had a dream about us.
Dream start*
"Heather come on let's go" said Jaime with a big smile cemented on his face. Jaime was pulling my arm. We were in a meadow surrounded by flowers and mirrors. "Jaime no wait where are you going Jaime come back no Jaime stay please come back please" every step I took with Jaime pulling me along he faded away. Jaime was already gone and my body crumpled up on the ground. As soon as I hit the ground everything around me started dying the flowers the grass everything. I was able to pick myself back up and continue walking. When I tried to walk I kept falling I finally reached the mirror. When I looked inside I saw a monster. Everything went black.
End of dream*

I woke up soaking Jaime's shirt with tears.