The Gift of Teaching

"AAAAAHG!" I yelled and slammed my fists agianst the desk. "Think, Holly, think!" I said to my self. The screen before me was white was the paper to my right. Nothing. Right as I think I'm going somewhere, I freeze.

In my head, I went over the advise from one of my favorite authors I got on the Internet. Somehting's wroung. This is going no where.

Make the character do something she usually wouldn't do, it hit me. My fingers smacked down on the keys and started typing away, and I let the ideas flow out of me, one after another. I was lost in this amazing journey I have created for the character. I could smell the room round her, I could feel the Spirit working through me.

Yes, I thought. This is what Jesus has called me to do.

I loved writing. I loved teaching. Put two and two together, and you get my passion. Teaching through my writing. Writing through my teaching. I was either writing, teaching, or learning so I could teach or write better. And I loved it.

The phone rang, and I jumped. Pausing my music. I ran across the living room and grabbed my phone from the couch. Looking at the screen, I laughed then answered.

"Bounjor, ca va?"

"Oui, ca va, et vous?"

"Okay I stumped. Rose, where did you learn all these languages?"

She laughed. "That's for God and I to know, love." she said. "Anyways, I only know three."

"Yeah," I said. "And sign language."

"Hey, I learned that at school." She said. "What cha up to?"

"Writing," I said and sat back down on my computer chair.

"As always." She said. "Wattpad?"

"You bet!" I said then put her on speaker. I placed the phone down and typed more. "What are you up to?"

"Bored, staring at the ceiling of my room." Rose said. "You should try it sometime."

"I'll pass," I chucked. "You should really get a passion."

"I got one, Jesus!" she said.

"I meeeeaaaaaan one you get from God." I said.

"Well then pray for me, because I ran out of books to read and my siblings are making a ruckus upstairs." she said.

" Consider it done," I said and prayed in my head. "Did you sign up for VBS yet?"

"Yup! You?"

"Yeah, trying to get into the thing where they teach the bible stories."

"Me too! Awesome! Maybe we will end up together."

My phone beeped at me.I looked at the screen and smiled. "Got another call."

"Who is it?"

"Sam."

"Oooooooooh, okay then," She said with something different in her voice. "I'll let you go. Love you!"

Before I could ask her what her problem was, she hung up. I scowled then answer my phone.

"Hey, Sam ."

"Ello, love." He said with a funny accent. "top of the mornin' to ya."

I laughed. "Stop it!" I begged. He continued, asking for ketchup of his 'banner' and complaining that his trousers where to tight. I laughed harder and harder. "All right, all right," I said. "What do you want?"

"Honest?"

"Duh."

"To hear you laugh."

I laughed. "Happy?"