Chapter 12: Devil Dentists

Chapter 12:

Niall's POV

*EARLIER*

I rub my eyes open, to reveal one of Bella's guest rooms. I glance at my clock. 7:45 am. I blink a couple times to make my eyes adjust. I throw on a Jack Wills tee and some sweats, and I make my way out of my room. My guest room is the last down the long hall. What may look like a small upstairs is actually pretty big. There are six rooms: a small bathroom, Ella's room, Miss Kelly's room, and three extra rooms. Miss Kelly, of course, has the biggest room. The rest are medium to small size. I drift out of my thoughts as my feet stop in front of Ella's room. I peak my head in to see her peacefully sleeping. I smile to myself and continue my path down the stairs. (A/N Ella's stairs lead straight into the kitchen, and the couch/Tv are in the room next to the kitchen (just for visual))

As I head straight for the fridge, I notice four lads on the couch. I'm completely surprised, the mates never get up this early on a day off!

I close the fridge and decide on a bag of crisps (A/N: chips) that are laying on the counter. I walk towards the boys and sit down on a chair across from them. They're whispers completely stop. They all look at each other before Harry speaks up.

"Niall, we need to talk."

I just nod, not knowing whats going on. Liam continues.

"We know you took it pretty hard when Bella was in the hospital. I mean, you were full of mixed emotions. We understand. The boys and I thought that inviting the girlfriends would be a good thing to do, to get your mind off of things. But it had some disadvantages. Bella really needed you at the hospital, but you were the only one not there. It was a hard time for her as well, and still is."

Lou jumps in,

"Ni, when she woke up, the first thing she did was ask for you. When Eleanor mentioned you have a girlfriend,Bella was so happy! But, she was also upset you didn't tell her. She lost the sparkle in her eyes."

A lump appears in my throat. I never told Ella about Eleana. I meant to, but we lost contact for awhile. Like I knew Bella was going to take hard! If I did I wouldn't have done it, in my defense.

"Niall, don't bring yourself down. We just want you to be aware," Zayn reassures.

"Lads, I'm going to wake up Bella. It's 8:00. We'll wake the girlfriends in a bit, and let them get some rest. Bella, on the other hand, might feel like crap and needs to take her pills," Harry announces.

We all nod in agreement, and he heads upstairs. We turn on the TV and decide on cartoons. I grab yet another bag of crisps. Hey! I'm hungry, deal with it.

Within five minutes Harry screams,

"Liiaaaammm!!"

Liam charges up the stairs. My palms start to sweat. This cannot be good. I feel tears roll down my cheeks, feeling sorry for myself. I should have been there for her. I have to be there for her. She's not just my best friend. Shes my princess. My secret princess. She most likely just thinks of us as friends, but I think beyond it. This just makes me cry even more. I'm pretty much have a silent pity party with me, myself, and I.

The steps creak as someone starts to walk down them. I lift my head up to see Harry carrying Bella. The heart sinks to my stomach. Is he trying to steal her away from me?

Bella and I make contact and her facial expression becomes confused. Oh yeah, my pity party. I quickly wipe my face clean with my hand. I sniffle and give Bella a Niall Horan Smile.

Harry sets her down on the couch across from mine. As she tries to ask me 'what's wrong' with her eyes, I try to think of a subject to change the topic to.