The Gift of Mercy

Start from the beginning

"It was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced." She told me a day later. "I was asking for it but wasn't expecting it. I was asking God for it, but I expected it to come like weeks or months later, i felt unworthy at the moment. Then it hit me. He came inside and I started speaking in tounges. I was flipping in my mind."

"Why?" I asked, a new believer trying to grasp the consept.

"Because, the brain can't concept it. We are to intulectually based- everything has to make sence and everything has to be explainable. The Spirit isn't. AT ALL. That's why science has trouble with religion. Finding answers to everything around you is impossible."She explained. " With the Spirit, you have to just let it flow, trust God, and understand not to understand."

"So can I get it?" I asked.

"Yes, you can RECIEVE HIM." She correctd me, reminding me the Spirit is also part of the Trinity. "Just keep praying for it. Jesus says 'ask and you shall recieve,'. And NEVER underestimate the power of prayer. EVER." She said. "And be WARNED, you ask for Him, He will come, even if you don't think it could be at THAT MOMENT, it could be."

Now Rose is so much bolder with her faith! She's so eager to help the world and sees it with a new set of eyes. My little sister has fully become a mature, young woman. I'm so pround of her.

Rose and the woman stood and shook hands, exchanging thank yous. Then Rose walked over to me, went around me then pushed against my back. I started to push against the floor harder with my feet, but Rose is pretty strong.

"Eastern USA Christian Magazine. Your turn." She whispered and gave one final push. I sighed and shook my head then proceeded to the table for my interview.

"Thank God that's over." I said as I stretched out in my chair.

Rose kicked me under the table. "It wasn't that bad."

I sighed. "I know, but you know how I hate interviews."

"I just don't understand WHY." she rolled her eyes. "Now crack open your Bible. I got a good book for you too." Rose and I always had Bible studies after our interviews, kind of a tradition now. Rose pulled her bag onto the table and her AND THE BRIDE WORE WHITE books fell out.

"Is that it?" I asked.

She laughed. "Why don't you read the back and tell me."

I picked up the smaller of the two, the journal to the main book.

"What do you really think about sex?" was the first thing I read. I must have made a face, because Rose started laughing hysterically.

"It's a sexual purity book." Rose explained and kicked me again.

A teenaged redhead girl wearing a dark green shirt that matched the walls and a black apron over her tan pants came up the table.

"May I take your order?" she asked. Something in her voice made a small but horrible pain in the bottom of my stomach. Rose said what she wanted, then I did as well. I looked into her eyes as she wrote down my order and I saw something in her eyes.

Pain.

And I felt it too.

She walked away with out noticing me at all, then Rose continued our study, " Okay, when the Spirit comes upon us, a lot of things happen in side of us, today we will focus on the main five....

After our Bible study and meal, the waitress came by with our check and quickly walked away. "I'll take care of it." I told Rose. She smiled a thank you then pulled out her phone and walked away.