If Murder Wasn't Illegal

~ ~ ~

Do you know those times when you wake up from a horrible nightmare and you realize that it wasn't real and this feeling of relief comes over you? You come back to reality and breathe deeply as your heart rate slows, and you know that everything will be okay.

This was not one of those times.

I was not dreaming, though I wish I was. Then I could commit murder without negative repercussions.

I was in the library with possibly the most irritating person on this planet.

"You cannot be serious." I stared at Jaxon with clenched fists as I tried to hold back my annoyance. An annoying ring pierced through the quiet library.

He held up his finger to me as he answered his phone.

"Hello?" He paused as he listened to whoever was on the other end of the line.

"If that isn't either the president or Jesus, then you better hang up the damn phone." I had never been this frustrated with anyone before I met Jaxon. We were here trying to get this stupid project over with and he was answering phone calls.

He ignored me and grinned at whoever was talking.

"Hey, Marisa." I narrowed my eyes in anger. "Oh, really? What does it look like?"

I looked at him in disgust. School had ended fifteen minutes ago and we agreed that we should just finish the project and get it over with, but he was wasting my time.

"Jaxon, hang up the phone." I picked up his notebook and hit the side of his head with it.

He shot me a glare and continued talking.

"What? No, that was no one."

I slammed my hand on the table in frustration. The librarian didn't even look in my direction. She seemed really into the romance novel that she was reading.

I pulled out a piece of paper and rolled it into a ball. Jaxon was turned away from me as he continued his conversation.

I squeezed the paper ball in my hand and threw it at him. It hit the back of his neck and I quickly picked up my pencil and pretended to write something when he stopped talking.

I glanced up to find him staring at me with narrowed eyes.

"So, which Greek myths should we use?" I tried hard not to laugh at his expression.

"What the hell was that?" He asked angrily.

"What was what?" I grinned.

He shook his head, looking annoyed. Annoyance flared up in me when he turned away and started talking again.

I threw another rolled up piece of paper, this time hitting him in the head. I crossed my arms and glared at him but he didn't even flinch.

I threw three more pieces of paper before I concluded that it wasn't working.

I started picking up random stuff off of the table and throwing them at him. The librarian was still too distracted by her book to take notice.

He scooted his chair farther away in hopes to get out of the line of fire, which was stupid. I could totally throw farther, and I was slightly offended that he assumed I couldn't.

It had been maybe two minutes and I was already out of supplies to throw at the lump of uselessness.

"Hey asshole, I thought that we wanted to get this project over with." I said loudly, but not loudly enough that the librarian looked over.