Ch 2

Hope POV

I gather the rest of the boxes in my room and head downstairs. My mother is standing by the moving truck holding some smaller cardboard boxes.

"Is that all of them?" My mother peeks her head around a box.

"Yeah these should be the last ones." I hold up the heavy boxes in my hand. It has been two days since she told me we were moving, two days since I turned 14, two days since Chris kissed me.

Everything still hasn't sunk in yet. That I will be leaving my childhood home and my family. All this because my father got a better job in New Orleans. Apparently it doesn't matter if he doesn't come to my birthday party or any other event of mine for that matter, but all of the sudden we have to move because of HIM.

I didn't realize I was standing in the same spot until my mother spoke up.

"Put your stuff in the truck hope." my mother looked annoyed like she always does.

I put my boxes in the moving truck and hopped in the car. My father was already in New Orleans waiting for us to arrive.

We pulled out of the drive way with the truck following us. I grabbed my phone plugged in my headphones and tried to zone out any noises especially my mothers voice. I rested my head against the window and went to sleep.

-5 hours later-

I wake up to a one direction song playing in the background. I look around and unplug my headphones.

" I'm hungry." I tell my mother. "I'll stop in an hour or so because I don't see anything around here." she smiles at me.

I roll my eyes and plug my headphones back in and the rest of the way to New Orleans flies by.

-later-

We pull up to our new house. Its huge definitely bigger than our old house. I see my dads car parked in the driveway.

"Dads here?" I ask my mother.

"Yeah he wanted to surprise you and take you around the new house so he asked if he could leave early today to settle us in." my mother parked beside his car.

I run inside as my mother is telling the truck driver where to park.

"Dad?" My voice echoes in the big house. He walks around the corner and smiles at me.

My father has changed the past few months he has bags under his eyes and grey hair on his head.

"Hi pumpkin." my dad goes in for a hug that I return.

"I missed you so much daddy." I hug him tighter. "I missed you more than you missed me hope." he laughs and we both pull away.

" Ok now let's go help your mother with our things." we walk outside and begin bringing boxes in.

-2 hours later-

after we have all the boxes out and all the furniture in its place with minor boxes laying around we all sit on the couch in front of the fireplace.

"I've missed you both so much it's just work is hard here lately with people getting layed off I have to work harder to maintain my position I'm lucky I got the job." he gave my mother a kiss and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"We missed you too jack, didn't we Hope?" I nodded my head.

"I love you guys" my dad hugged us.

"Off to bed Hope you have school tomorrow." my mother said.

"School?" I whispered. I was terrified.

"Yep goodnight I love you." my parents said their chorus of I love you's of course I said it back as I went up the grand staircase to my room. I jumped in my bed and went quickly to sleep.