Ch 1

-hope's POV-
"Hope, hope? Wake up honey." I hear my mothers voice faintly as I snuggle deeper into the covers.

" Hope you can't sleep on your birthday now get up." I sit up in my bed and look at her. My mother is so freaking beautiful I don't really know how I didn't get any of her looks.

" Sorry I'm tired because I couldn't go to sleep last night." I chuckled.

"Well get dressed you have a big day ahead of you honey." she said as she made her way out the door.

Today I am 14 and I couldn't be more happier about getting one year closer to my future.

"Ring, ring , " my phone signaled that I had a text message.

From, Chris
Happy birthday I can't believe your 14!

I smiled at his text. Chris and I had been best friends since I was 10. He knew everything about me and I knew everything about him. He was one year older than me and had blonde hair with green eyes. he was very tall for his age but he said he liked it so no guy would want to hurt me because he would be there to get them after.

To, Chris
Thank you. You coming over later?.

I set my phone down and made my way to my closet.

"What to wear, what to wear." I say to myself as I'm searching through my junk filled closet.

"Aha" I reach and grab a short black leather jacket with a stripped white and black shirt with skinny jeans and boots.

I walk back to my nightstand to see a text from Chris.

From, Chris
Yes of course why wouldn't I come celebrate with you? Lol

I smile and rush downstairs to see party balloons, presents, and a huge birthday cake.

"YES!" I scream happily as I rush to open the presents.

"Stop hope don't you want to wait on everyone to arrive?" my mother sternly suggests as she is frantically trying to wash the dishes.

"Nah they won't mind." I go to grab the biggest one and all of the sudden it's ripped away by my mother.

"Hope, your waiting." she looked at me with those eyes that didn't make you ever want to do anything bad every again.

"Fiiinnnnneee." I pouted. "So is dad gonna be here today?" she sighed. "Hope your dad is a very busy man I know you don't get to see him a lot but we have to support him."

"So he is not coming. just like last year and the last because he is always to busy to care." I wallow around sad that he won't be there.

"Hope tanner! Your father cares about you so much, but for us to be able to have all the stuff we do we need to be understanding." she looks over at me sadly.

"I know mom I'm sorry. I guess I just want him to see me grow up and be proud not stressed about work." I sit silently on the couch.

"Ok that's enough of that its your birthday be happy darling." my moms tries to cheer me up.

"People should be arriving soon go welcome them." she urges me to go.

The only people I have coming is Chris but of course my mother is the invitation giver so she invited my whole freaking family. Even Aunt Susan ew.

All the sudden the doorbell rings I rush to the door to see thank goodness Chris.

"Hey chris ." I smile as he walks through the door. "Hey Hope do yall need help with anything?" He asks.

"Nah my mother and I have it under control but you might wanna sit down it tends to get pretty hectic when Aunt Susan comes through the door." I laugh at his expression.

"STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR AUNT HOPE." My mother yells at me from the kitchen. We both laugh.

"Happy birthday hope, I wanted to tell you in person." he gives me a tight hug.

"Thanks Chris I love you man." I smile up at him.

"I love you too H." he laughs.

"Ok that was getting a little too soft for me." I pulled away and laughed.

-45 minutes later-

"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you happy birthday dear hope happy birthday to you." I blew out my candles.

"Aw my baby is a teenager." Aunt Susan squeezes my cheeks.

"Yeah aunt Susan I've been one for about two years now." I laugh trying to get her to loosen her grip.

"Oh sometimes I forget oh well I cant believe your moving away from me." she fake cries.

Everything went silent.

I looked at my mother she looked nervous.

"Moving away?." I asked her.

"Uhm hope I-" I cut her off.

"MOVING AWAY? What do you mean by that?" I almost started yelling tears brimming my eyes. I looked at Chris he looked scared.

"I was going to tell you I just didn't want to on your birthday we have to your father got a better job down in New Orleans." she said above a whisper.

I looked at everyone and ran upstairs to my room and locked the door. I jumped on my bed and started sobbing. Moving away? What was she thinking... what was my dad thinking I can't leave I have a life here. I have Chris here. I have my family here.

There was a knock on the door.

"Go away." I spoke to the person behind it.

"No hope let me in." Chris said sadly.

It's just Chris so I let him in and went back over to my bed and laid down.

"Hope it's ok." he said rubbing my back.

"No it's not okay, none of this is okay Chris I don't wanna leave everyone, I don't wanna leave you." I sat up looking at him.

He wiped the tears off my cheeks. "Hope your my best friend I love you so much more than you can imagine, but you have to do this, we can call and text each other every single day I promise." he said smiling sadness clearly in his eyes.

I leaned Into his chest while he was holding me. "I don't want a life without you I don't want to start over and find another friend."

"I'll always be with you hope you will always have me." all of the sudden he leaned in and kissed me.

"Chris? W-" he shushed me with another one. He pulled away.

"I've liked you for the longest time Hope Tanner but I wanted our friendship more than this, so you go to New Orleans and you start over." he now had tears streaming down his face.

I was speechless. But I knew that we couldn't be anything more because sometime later I would be living a new life in New Orleans.