Ch#1 Finally some happiness

Authors Note :
Hey guys this is our first story on wattpad.
PLEASE ENJOY AND VOTE!
Any images and songs used belong to their respectful owners.
Trailer given above

All Characters and places are purely fictional .
LARA'S  POV

    As I walk through the doors of Southwark Hospital, the weird aroma of cleaning agents hits me. Ignoring the disturbing smell with a forced smile on my face, I greet the nurse at the reception and move towards the elevators.
Pressing the button to access the fourth floor, I think of what to say when I finally see him. Lately, I've busy with college applications and part time jobs so I have not had the ability to visit. Suddenly, the doors open with a loud ring, snapping me out of my thoughts. I regain my senses and walk out of the elevator to head towards Room 201.

    "Hey Lara, I haven't seen you in two days! How are you sweetie?" Nurse Brenda greets me with a welcoming smile.
    "Oh! Hi Nurse Brenda! I've been busy with college applications so I didn't have the time. Other than that, I'm fine. How are you?" I respond.
    "I'm good, honey. You look happy! What's the good news?" she says.
    "Well, I wanna tell Josh first then I'll let you know. See you soon!" I tell Nurse Brenda and without waiting for a reply I move toward the room.

    As I enter the room, the first I see is his pale body lying on the bed. I listen to the sound of a faint beeping noise. Walking toward his bed, I grab a seat and sit next to him. Then, I kiss his forehead and start talking to the still body.
    "Hey, little man. I missed you so much....sorry I wasn't able to visit you yesterday. I was busy with college applications and stuff but, guess what? I have the most amazing news! I finally got the scholarship to my dream university- The Michigan State University. And you're the first one who has heard the news. Wish me luck, I start on Monday," I sit there for about two hours talking to him and thinking about how life have finally turned around for me. Maybe all my problems will be solved.

    It's been two years since the death of my parents and my little brother has been in a coma ever since that terrible car accident. I still remember that day like yesterday.
It all started when I was sitting with my friend, Savanah, at her house. We were talking about everyday issues until I received the phone call that turned my life upside down. I used to be a happy, energetic child with loving parents and a little, annoying brother. However, that accident changed my world as I know it.

"Yeah Savanah we'll definitely go to the concert next week I'll make sure my parents allow me," I state excitedly. I might have to use my puppy dog eyes to get permission, but I know they love me. They'll let me go out probably with a curfew. My thoughts were interrupted with the loud ringtone coming from my phone.
"So call me maybe!"

"Hello?" I say automatically after picking up the phone.

"Hi, is this Lara Stone I'm talking to?" the voice says.

"Yes, this is Lara. May I please know who I'm talking to?" I reply, confused.

"Hi Lara, I'm Agent Naoh. I would like you to come to Southwark Hospital immediately. Can you do that?" the agent states. As soon as they finished their sentence, I enter panic mode. "We are very sorry about your parents. They were involved in an accident and are at the hospital. Please tell me your address and I'll send someone to pick you up."

I slowly tell them the address to my friend's house. The moment I put the phone down, I begin to cry.
    My phone rings, reminding me that my shift starts in ten minutes. I shoot up to kiss his cheek and leave the hospital in a hurry to reach the diner. As I reach there, I am greeted by the elderly lady, Gretta, who owns the diner. Her personality reminds me of a sweet yet strict aunt. I start on my shift right away and begin working. About half an hour passes and I get off cleaning duty to move on to cashier responsibility. After withstanding painfully long orders, I notice that there was only ten minutes left before my shift ends. The bell of the diner rings, indicating that customers have entered. I groan in clear annoyance.

    I lift my head to see who decided to come before closing hours. Standing there was two well-built, drool worthy men talking to each other. I continue to check them out. One of them was wearing deep blue jeans and a midnight black shirt that was tight enough to show off his magnificently toned stomach. I could visibly see the outline of his six pack. The other one was wearing sporting a white wife beater with dark jeans and a black leather jacket giving him the bad boy vibe. That guy definitely caught more of my attention than the other. I was busy ogling them but, was pulled into reality when I hear my name. I straighten my posture and walk towards the table to take their order

    "Oh come on she is clingy, but a good lay. Better than nothing," the hotter one of the two says. I clear my throat and ask them for their order.

    "Hi, my name is Lara. What can I get you," I manage to say professionally.
    "You," the one in the leather jacket says and smirks.
    "Well...we'll have two coffees. Make one black and the other without cream or sugar. Add a lemon muffin and a vanilla pie. Ignore this one, thanks," the one in the black shirt says quickly and points towards his friend.
    I nod my head and walk back to get their order. After handing them their meal, I finish my shift and clock out. As I enter the house, I hear my cousin talking on the phone telling her friend that she got in to the Michigan State University.
I groan after listening to the information. Just when I finally thought I won't have to face her everywhere. I bet her mother payed extra to get her in since she's not the brightest flower in the shed. I go upstairs in to the attic which where my room is located. I swing open the door and take a deep breath. I look to the left where my single bed is along with a small dressing table, a broken mirror beside it and a table filled with books and notes. I sigh and enter the bathroom to freshen up. After I'm done, I lay on my bed and close my eyes, leaving everything behind...