》Chapter Thirty-One.

Start from the beginning

''I apologize for those bad words and names I've used. I shouldn't have. I know what happened here yesterday, your mother told me Jade. I just don't understand why you asked Harry to help you when I could have done it instead. There are things you're not telling me and I'm honestly scared because if you feel the need to keep something away from me, it must be a huge thing since you never acted like this towards me..''

''Has it ever crossed that mind of yours that perhaps, if I keep it for myself, it was and it still is, because I believe it's not necessary for you to know about it?'' I measure my words attentively so that I won't give anything away.

''But it's eating you alive, I can see it's bothering your mind even now. I can help you, I've always have Jade.''

''There are burdens that are not meant to be shared with anyone. This is mine and I have no intention to split it with you, especially not after yesterday. I'm sorry and if you came here to be forgiven, you can go. I have no intention to do such thing.'' I clarify stressing the last sentence.

''I am just trying to protect you Jade. Harry is not good for you, he's an asshole and he's just playing around with you. He's gonna break your heart.''

''Like you did? Because I'm still recovering from the attention-whore,  that not even Harry ever used.''

'' Oh, you forgave him for calling you names. Why can't you do the same with me?''

I have no answer to that so a weird silence lingers in the room before Louis breaks it again.

''I feel like shit for what I have said to you. It hurt me more than it could ever hurt you, believe me. However, what I can't get over is the fact that you preferred asking for help to a stranger instead of coming to me. It ripped my heart to see that you even lied about it right to my face. I know this doesn't justify the way I've called you, I don't even want to find excuses, I only care about your well-being and I am not interested in anything else. I love you Jade, no betrayal or error will change the fact that I am your brother and you can't take away my chance of humiliating you in front of your children by telling them about the time you fell at the school play dressed as a carrot, turning a boring show into a funny one.''

I laugh. I laugh so hard my eyes fill with tears and just turn around wiping them away. Louis winks at me and opens his arms for me. That took an unexpected turn.

''I'm so sorry'' he whispers kissing my head. ''I promise I won't ever do that Jade. I won't ever do that again to you. Never, ever. I love you so, so much.'' He assures me and I believe him.

'' I love you too."

**

At 1 p.m. Louis receives a call and he is forced to leave so I'm alone again. But my loneliness doesn't last long, since my phones goes off the second Louis shuts the door behind him. I cringe my nose and answer. Probably, it's just Harry being pissed at me for forgetting about him.

''Hello?'' I hear someone saying that clearly is not Harry.

''Hello..'' I awkwardly reply.

''Is this the beautiful girl with blue eyes and wavy brown hair that goes by the name of Jade?'' The voice laughs at the end, and I immediately know by his accent that it's that Irish boy I have met at Louis' friend party.

''How did you even get my number?'' I ask noticing that it's a bit creepy for him to have it since we met just once.

''Oh sweet girl. Don't ever ask a thief to explain his tricks because if he tells you, then he must kill you afterwards. You know, two can keep a secret better if one of them is dead.'' he jokes moving to another subject.

''Let's get to the hot stuff, I meant to call you to make it up for leaving you alone in that crowd of maniacs.'' He pauses for a moment. ''Would you like to go out with me for dinner as my personal date?'' I'm totally taken back by this offer and suddenly feel ashamed, for some sort of reason even guilty, to be talking with him because of Harry. He's the first thing that comes to my mind which startles me, a lot.

''Oh, no Niall. You don't have to invite me just because you feel guilty about that... forget about it.'' I try to save the situation in the most delicate way possible, obviously it doesn't work with Niall. He doesn't get things right away, unluckily for me.

''That was just an excuse, I want you to come with me. You know it's nothing committing, there will be other friends with their girlfriends and I thought it would be nice if I don't show up alone for once. It doesn't have to mean anything Jade, consider it as a normal date between friends of some sort, we won't even go to a restaurant, we will stay at my place and just eat  dinner.''

''Are you asking me to pretend to be your girlfriend then, Mr. Irish?'' Niall heartily laughs at my nickname but recovers soon.

''No, of course not. No one will ask you anything, they just need to see I'm with someone. That's why I thought I'd invite you, since you're funny, nice and not too bitchy. You're probably the only girl who has ever talked to me without alluding to money, you probably don't even know I have money.'' He cackles and I roll my eyes.

''I don't know, I'm not really much into that kind of rich stuff.'' I try to refuse once more, however Niall isn't have it.

''Oh Please Jade. I promise it won't be too bad, I promise to be a good date... I won't expect anything from you. Don't leave me alone in the lions cage.'' He begs and I find myself agreeing before I can even realizing it, because Niall, being Niall, takes my desperate sigh as a yes and suddenly hangs up, only having the time to blather something about picking me up at 7:20.

What mess did I put myself into? And mostly, what will Harry think about me going out with another boy? Shall I tell him?

I try to call him but the line goes straight to  the voicemail so I just forget about it.