With Emily's personal brand of angst... (Chapter 19)

Emily hadn't been doing much over the past month. Both rooms next to her contained happy couples; while she sat and moped over her ex boyfriend. 

No one in the base had asked for her help with anything because they think she is too broken. Only Zoe, and now Kira, know why Emily reacted the way she did. Even though Kira doesn't seem to understand that his death was her fault.

Emily huffed over the notebook in front of her. She had been trying to draw extremely violent cartoons about Kira but just couldn't get her nose right.

She went right for her phone, her source of inspiration. She unlocked her cute, now depressing, screensaver of her and Ben being all couple-y. She ignored the pounding pain of heartbreak and went to go check Pinterest. Before the app could load however, she got a call from an unknown number. Being the idiot that she is, she picked up the FaceTime call to see Katherine.

Katherine noted the shock that appeared on Emily's face. She smiled knowing the pain Emily was in from the stalking of surveillance cameras.

"Surprised to see me?" Katherine smiled with a crocodile grin. She had adopted that from Dave and Mr. Dile while plotting her revenge lately.

"What do you want" Emily's face stone cold. The constant face of laughter had left her face since Ben died about a month ago.

"Oh I just wanted to share a little story to you about someone you're defending on your team." Another grin came from Katherine. Emily just knew nothing good would come from this conversation. Emily just stared daggers through the screen as if to ask "who, you sick sick f*ck?"

"Your friend Peter is just the reason I'm calling." When she said this with yet another sharky grin, Emily gripped the camera tighter.

"You see Peter did bad things in the past. Bad bad things." Katherine put on a fake pout. This only fumed Emily's anger. Sure she was mad at the Keter couple, but she was just being stubborn when it came to either one of them.

"Before your friend Kira, there was another girl, Wendy." Katherine paused. "He did bad things to her. Involving something you know all too well about, don't you Emily?" It took all of her self control not to throw the phone across the room. Of course she knew what Katherine was talking about. It had happened about 3 years ago, involving her best friend. Emily had almost killed the guy who did it to her, it being an ex of Emily's who did it.

"Why are you telling me this?" Emily gripped the phone so hard she could have broken it. Her voice did not even fluctuate, showing just how serious she was.

"So you know that we are not the bad guys. Peter, you see, HE is the bad guy. That's the reason we tried to get rid of him. To rid the world of someone who will only hinder the world's progress into success." Katherine said smoothly. She was a very good actress (along with dancer) growing up, so she very rarely stuttered her words. Emily was almost tempted to believer her.

Emily's silence was enough for Katherine to jump in again. "I don't know about over there, but here at the Pirates, we don't want anyone else to get hurt." Emily held back tears thinking about Ben. She refused to shed tears in front of the enemy. And not one tear fell.

"We will be there soon for a second attempt of getting rid of Peter. We sincerely hope you let us do this before he does that to your good friend Kira, yes?" Emily went to turn off the camera when Katherine started to say one more thing. "Sorry about Ben by the way. But unless you want anyone else to end up like your boyfriend, you know what you have to do."

When the camera turned off Emily flopped on her bed and contemplated this hectic situation. While she was sailing the waves of her consciousness, she heard Zoe's loud scream from down the stairs. Oh shit.