Peter's death march... (Chapter 13)

Emily knew the plan. She also knew what she would do if something went awry. She held her gun at the ready and she sent a look over to Ben next to her.

"You ready?" she asked her ginger companion. Things aren't awkward between them; they're past that now. They also had a mission to fix their attention upon so they couldn't have their own personal issues cloud to protect the lives of two of their teammates.

"Ready as I'll ever be." Ben looked very uncomfortable with a gun in his hands. A gun had almost killed his girlfr—his EX-girlfriend. These people were murderous. He had to put his morals aside and focus on saving Kevin.

These two heroes watched Peter walk with his hands up towards the door. They also watched people walk away from the windows they were watching him down in the street through. Emily signaled that it was time to bolt to the other side of the street so they could evade being seen.

Ben was good at sneaking around. He had grown up playing shooting games but he snuck around the maps more than shooting the other players. Spying was something they had found out he was good at but never looked into because the Realists had needed a medic.

They ran across the street just as Peter arrived at the door. Emily and Ben pressed themselves against the adjacent building and watched as Peter was yanked through the open door. Ben tossed the spare rolled up sweatshirt they carried around into the door before it closed.

"Alright step one is done. We're in." Emily spoke into her walkie talkie. They had promised to update the base whenever they good. The two missionaries snuck into the apartment stealthily and followed the footsteps up the stairwell.

That was when they heard a huge THUD above them. "Get up you piece of sh*t. We aren't there yet!" Ben paused. He recognized Dave's voice right away. That sadist was going to pay for what he had done to Kevin.

"Well then you shouldn't have hit him asshole!!" Now it was Emily's turn to pause. That voice was the one that matched the one of the person that had tried to kill her before. Emily gripped her gun tighter. Lexie was not going to get away from her this time.

"You going soft, Lex? Just get him into the apartment." Dave barked. Emily would shoot him too if she had to.

They shuffled Peter into the apartment and slammed the door. "How are we supposed to get in now, Em?" He looked around. "Em?" She was already half way up the stairs with her gun slung on her back. She had a crowbar in her hands. Ben ran up next to her prepared to shoot whoever tried to harm her.

When they got to the door they heard loud shouting inside. Emily let one breathe out before she shoved the crowbar into the door and pushed it open with a lot of force. She then took her gun and readied it to meet whoever met her at the door.

The two pushed the door in and pointed their guns at the people crowding Peter, of whom was on the ground bleeding already.

"I should have known they'd send Ginger and Attitude Problem to back him up." Lexie faced the two heroes. Emily was going to argue that she was NOT "Attitude Problem" but she didn't want to meet the wrong end of Lexie's OR Dave's gun currently pointed right at them.

"Give us Peter and Kevin and we'll leave you guys in peace." Ben told the hostile enemies. The guns were pointed at a stalemate before Michael came over with his gun as well, outnumbering the Relievers. Still no one shot.

They stood like that for a minute or two before someone shot at Dave from the doorway. That set off a number of other shots in the room. Smoke from the guns filled the room. When the smoke finally cleared a lot was seen.

Michael was on the ground with a bullet in his head but besides that no one was hurt. But Dave passed out because he was drunk at the beginning of this fight and the smoke made him fall over but he wasn't hurt.

The first gunshot had been shot by Kira who was swooning over Peter's body. No consensus was formed on his condition before Lexie shoots the ginger medic looking over Peter's body for injuries. Point blank. No way she could have missed. Ben slumped to the wall that the force of the bullet had pushed him up against.

Emily's scream was the first thing anyone in the room heard after the ringing of the gun shot went away. Before she went to cry over Ben's dead body she looked at Lexie with a mix of anger and sadness struck on her face. "You REALLY shouldn't have done that."

After her comment she wasted no time shooting Lexie the same way Lexie had shot the guy she sort of, kind of, in a small way, loved. Emily watched as Lexie's body crumpled to the floor. She spared no pity on the dark haired girl's fate. She deserved it.

Kira stood in disbelief. She had never seen Emily that upset. She just KILLED someone. "Stay here. I'm getting Kevin." Emily grabbed a larger gun from Dave's body and carefully stepped over Lexie. Down the hall she heard ruffling from the room she expected Kevin to be in.

She kicked the door down and pointed her gun at the two people in the room guarding Kevin. "Step out of the way before you end up like everyone else in the living room." A look is passed between Katherine and John before they step out of the way to reveal an even more beaten up and battered then he had a few hours earlier in the video.

Emily's pocket knife came in handy once again cutting Kevin out of his bindings. She had to be very careful doing this; multitasking of holding her gun up to the frightened two in the corner of the room and cutting Kevin out. He finally was untied, so Emily crutched him out of the room.

"I can...do...myself." Kevin slurred to Emily. He tried to act strong but it was very clear that through his ripped, bloody clothing, he most certainly was not. She aided him out of the building.

She didn't talk to anyone on the way out. Not to Kevin, not to Kira, and not to Peter. She did not look at Ben either. She couldn't bear to see the dead body of the boy that she had spent so many happy moments with. She couldn't believe that he was gone.

Apparently she wasn't the only one taking the casualties badly. They had just gotten out of the building when Kath's scream echoed out of the window. The screams were targeted directly at Emily over the death of Lexie. John's outburst was not heard from outside but he was not taking the death of his brother well.

"I WILL NOT REST UNTIL EMILY IS DEAD! UNTIL THEY'RE ALL DEAD!" Emily knew Katherine would avenge her best friend's death but for now, all that mattered was that they were safe. Not all of them. But whoever was still with them.