Chapter 16

Carter Kane

We all sprinted out of the library, with me in the lead. I raced through the halls, and found myself face to face with a person and a tiger. Immediately, I drew my kopesh from the Duat, and held it up.

I was about to swing it at her, when Percy's voice stopped me dead in my tracks.

"Don't you dare kill her or I will kill you. Then Hades will personally send you to the Field's of Punishment for killing his daughter." Percy growled.

"What about the tiger?" I asked.

"Oh please. That's just Frank. Frank, do you mind turning human?" Percy gave a puppy face.

The tiger- or Frank- sighed, and slowly changed from a tiger to a burly Asian guy.

"Sorry. I had to turn into a fly, come in through a tiny crack, turn back into a human, and unlock the door for Hazel. But I accidentally turned into a tiger instead of a person, unlocked the door with my paw, and then knocked down some pots. Sorry guys." Frank rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly.

"Its ok, Frank. Now, please meet the Egyptian Magicians, Carter Kane, Sadie Kane, Walt Stone, and Zia Rashid." Annabeth introduced.

"Hi. He's Frank Zhang, son of Mars and I'm Hazel Levesque, daughter of Pluto. That, over there, would be my brother." She said, pointing to Nico.

"Hey Hazel." Nico kissed her on the cheek.

"Well hello, Hazel. Just telling you now, Carter is my brother."

"Cool." Hazel said.

"Finally! Someone who gets what it's like to have a sibling who looks nothing like you! People always look at Carter and I like we're crazy when we introduce ourselves as siblings. Then, they're all like 'are you guys half-siblings or step-siblings?' and we're like, 'No, we have the same mother and father.' And they once again look at us like we're freaks." Sadie screamed.

"I get it. Even though Nico and I are only half-siblings, people still can't believe we have the same father. They to look at us like we're crazy freaks." Hazel sympathized.

"So, what are you doing here, Miss Metal-Detector and Fai?" Leo cut in.

"Leo, do not call me Fai!"

"Or me Miss Metal-Detector!" Hazel interrupted.

"So, we are because we a) missed our friends and b) the gods are making us go to school." Frank grumbled.

"Ha! You have to go school! You have to go school! You have to go-"

"Leo, you have to go to school to." Annabeth's comment effectively shut Leo up.

"Oh. Right." Leo whispered, tuning bright red.

"Dear Gods what are we going to do with him?" Piper muttered, putting her face in her hands and shaking her head.

"So anyways, we IM'd CHB, and they said to come her. The Gods are going to magically give us apartments on this floor, and they're making us a few rooms we can share." Frank finished.

"Sounds good to me. Now that we have finished our business here, we need to get going. We have business to attend to back at Brooklyn House. Bye." Sadie announced, and then dragged us all out.

"Goodbye?" Percy asked, confused as to why we were leaving in such a rush.

"Come on. I just want to go home already! We need to speak to Amos." Sadie proclaimed, and then dragged us once again to the elevator.

Jason Grace

"Come on. We need to IM Chiron and Reyna!" Annabeth announced, pulling us over to her porch.