Chapter 4

Sadie Kane

Percy sat down and she sat down next to him. They grabbed each other's hands, and started to talk to their friends. I guess they were dating. I couldn't make out anything of their conversation except for little wisps. I heard,

"Indoor swimming pool!"

"Giant library!"

"Workshop and flame proof!"

"Indoor skydiving, lightning proof!"

Ya ya ya. I know you're probably thinking 'Wow Sadie! Eavesdropping much? That's not nice! That's- blah blah blah blah blah.' But honestly, I was bored. So oh well.

The teacher then settled us down and began teaching us algebra. It was boring and made my brain hurt. Once in the lesson, I noticed Percy stare at her as if she would grow talons and try to kill him. As if! The only thing dangerous about math teachers is their ways to kill with boredom.

 Annabeth seemed to be able to answer about any question, like Carter, where as Percy, like me, could not, nor could most of other friends. Our next class was English, which once again we had with Percy and his gang. Turns out none of them are very good at English, because when our teacher called on Percy, he says

"Dyslexia, I can't read that."

She then called on the rest of the group, and they all repeated what he said. Annabeth read about three quarters of it before giving up. How did they read textbooks then? And how did she know so much of she could not read? Anyways, before we knew it, it was lunch. I grabbed my lunch and sat down at the table Percy was at.

"Hello." I said

"Hey." Percy responded.

Carter, Zia and Walt all sat down and we got to know each other. Turns out Percy and Annabeth met when they were twelve and started dating a year ago. His full name is Percy Jackson and Annabeth's full name is Annabeth Chase. The beautiful girl's name was Piper Mclean (her last name sounded familiar) and she and Jason (last name Grace) had met this year and were dating. The impish boy, Leo Valdez, had a girlfriend named Calypso who lived in Manhattan. I was going to ask about the boy who looked like Anubis when I was cut off.

"So, what are your names?" Asked Anubis 2.0

"I'm Sadie Kane, this is my boyfriend Walt Stone, we met about a year ago, this is Zia Rashid, I met her about a year ago to, and this is her boyfriend slash my brother Carter Kane."

None of them even looked shocked when I introduced Carter and I as siblings, though most people are. That was odd. Not even a blink.

"So you," I said, gesturing to Anubis 2.0, "What's your name?"

"My name is Nico Di Angelo."

I saw Walt giving me a funny look and asked him if we could talk. He grabbed my hand and I led him outside the cafeteria."What's wrong? You were looking at Nico funny, why?"

"Anubis tells me he has an aura of death. I sense it too. Anubis won't tell me why. " Walt responded.

"Well, maybe your both wrong. He is definitely not a monster and he's not a magician, so lets just go back." I tell him.

We go back and learned a little more about them. They all met at a camp and then travelled to Greece and Rome together on a boat. They all had lost at least one parent, which I could relate to. Percy's dad got lost at sea, Annabeth's mom disappeared, same with Piper's. Jason's dad disappeared twice. His dad first got his mom pregnant with his older sister Thalia, though they look the same age, and left. Then he came back and his mom gave birth to Jason, but then left again. Leo's father left when he was a baby, and his mom died in a fire. Nico's mom was killed and his dad left, then his older sister died. Man, these kids had hard lives.

I told them my mom died when I was six, and my brother travelled the world with my dad, while I stayed with my grandparents. Then I told them how a few years later my dad died, and our uncle now watched us. We became very good friends, and had every class together except for our second elective, which was really weird.