1.7

"What happened when Sammy saw the hickey?" Matt asks.

"He asked where it came from. He had his thumb over it for like twenty minutes so I told him he pushed a little too hard." I explain.

"He bought that shit?" JJ asks.

"Yeah." I confirm.

"Do you feel bad about any of this?" Matt asks.

"Yes, I feel bad about all of it!" I tell them.

Suddenly there's a heavy knock on the door. I get up and open it.

It's that officer I used to have crush on. Ruby Kellin.

"Shawn Mendes?" She asks.

"You know me." I point out.

"You're needed in medical." She says.

"For what?" I ask.

"I'll explain when we get there." She says.

"I'll be back." I tell Matt and JJ.

~

Once I'm outside of medical I turn to Ruby.

"An inmate attempted suicide today and they're in hysterics. They won't talk to the officers so we need your help." She says. I nod and open the door to medical.

Oh hell no.

I see Kian Lawley struggling to get up, but he was unable to do so since he was strapped to the bed.

He was crying and screaming.

"I WANT TO DIE! JUST LET ME DIE! LET ME DIE!" He yelled.

"Kian." I try to get his attention while walking up next to the bed. He ignores me and continues screaming.

"KILL ME! I WANT TO DIE!" He shouts.

"HEY, BLUE HAIRED BITCHBOY, SHUT YOUR FUCKING MOUTH UNTIL YOU LEARN TO TALK LIKE A CIVILIZED ADULT!" I yell at him. He shuts up quickly. "Alright, what happened?" I ask quietly while sitting on the chair next to his bed.

"E-everyone hates m-me. They've all been cr-cruel and evil to me since you were sent to isolation." He says.

"How so?" I ask while checking out his wounds. He had thickly wrapped gauze on his wrists and I could see he had scrapes on his neck.

"They told me I was a worthless whore. That I didn't deserve to be alive and that I was a waste of sperm. Some of them beat me up. They said no one would care if I killed myself. No one would miss me." He sobs. "Shawn, I want to die. Wouldn't you like it if I was dead?" He asks.

"What? Okay. I don't like you and I don't want to be your friend but I don't want you to die. You don't deserve to die. How old are you?" I ask.

"I'm nineteen." He says.

"You're so young. You have your entire life ahead of you. Don't cut it short." I tell him.

"I hate being in this place." He mutters.

"We all do but it's only temporary. You get out in three months. You can survive three months, can't you?" I ask while holding his hand gently.

"I'm sorry, Shawn. I'm so sorry. If I had known that you were so nice I never would have even touched your ex-boyfriend." He apologizes.

"It's okay. I-I forgive you." I sigh.

"Thank you but this still doesn't change the fact that I don't have any friends." He trails off and looks down sadly. I sigh.