Chapter 27 - Beautiful Scars On Critical Veins (i)

Start from the beginning

"From what I have in these files she's not a pleasant person." He replied thumbing through them. "Mara Ross is wanted for several other things I'm afraid."

That earned a reaction from me. "What?"

He glanced carefully at me "Many of the things she's accused of, I'm not allowed to tell you because it's not in my jurisdiction." I wanted to vomit there and then.

"What business did she have with this Gordon Fraiser guy?" I asked quietly. I would have seemed calm if not for the sight of my cold trembling hands.

Detective Palin seemed hesitant at first.

"Whatever she did almost resulted in my boyfriend almost getting kidnapped so you better damn tell us what it is!!" He said pounding his fist on the table.

The detective remained unfazed at my boyfriend's display "Very well Mr. Gold. Mara Ross is belived to be indebted to Gordon Fraiser and couldn't pay her debts. Since Fraiser is a man known for...... other tastes, she offered him her innocuous and unknowing brother to pay off her debts. According to the testament of his goons. They admitted to following him around and got his address from her."

Now I understand why she had come that day. To prepare me as the sacrifice for her debts. I couldn't even describe what the very memory did to me.

"Dear Lord." Axel murmured in shock. "How could she do that to her own brother?"

"She always hated me." I confessed quietly "But I never thought that us would be this horrible."

In a way I wasn't surprised, but somehow I still was. I knew she hated and blamed me so dearly for everything which happened. But I never thought that the depths of her loathing would get this far as to do this to me. Her baby brother.

"I'm sorry gentlemen but this is what all our evidence points to. Plus Mara Ross is also wanted for certain committed atrocities. I'm fact most parts of this file are under Interpol's jurisdiction so I'm not allowed to even see it." Detective Palin said to us.
"B-but why?" I whispered. "Her fiance is very rich so why would she be in debt?"

"Those are questions I can't answer. I've only told you exactly what we've discovered." He replied monotonously. "Even though we don't have enough evidence to get her involved-"

"I want to go home." I announced stunning to two men with me. "I don't want to be here anymore."

"Um are you sure babe?" Axel asked softly trying to hold my hand but I snatched it back surprising the both of us.

"Yes."

The Detective eyed us both awkwardly "Ok then. If I get any other piece of information I'll be sure to contact either of you."

"Thank you Detective." Axel said standing up to shake his hand while I just bolted without waiting or answering any of them. I distantly heard my name being called, probably from Axel, but ignored it without any other thought than the one singularly on my mind.

I got out of the police station onto the chilly street and whipped out my phone from my pocket. Seeing nothing through the hot white fog in my mind, I blindly dialled a number. I waited until it reached voicemail before pouring out my leaking heart out.

"Mara you goddammed bitch! I hope where ever you are, you die a slow painful death because you deserve every bit of it. I've endured every bit of abuse you put me through since I was 14 fucking years old! But this, this is the greatest fucking thing you've pulled through. Congratulations, you've made Satan proud."

People were beginning to give me looks as I shouted into the phone. Not that I blamed them.

My voice trembled "A little bit of me always hoped that you would forgive me for whatever I did, because it wasn't my fault. But now-". My voice lowered significantly as the tears threatened to fall and my eyes blurred up with them. "Now I know that you're a cold hearted witch with no conscience and personally I don't believe we're family at all. Because you're from hell."

The hot tears fell from my eyes and I collapsed on the sidewalk without a care anymore. I was honestly too tired and drained to care anymore.

"Why? Why would she do this to me?" I cried defiantly. I didn't realize how long I'd been sitting there until I felt a pair of warm arms wrap around me.

"I don't know love. But I'll make sure find out. And I'll make sure that she'll never hurt you again." He whispered into my hairline, rocking me back and forth.

I just sat there crying into his chest taking comfort the only way I knew how. From the only person I could take it from.

So I simultaneously wrote this chapter and did my chemistry studying at the same time (awesome multi-tasking I know ). Now it's 12:13 am at my side of the world and I have a pounding headache so please let me take my leave and enjoy this chapter.

Comment + vote.

Zoe.