Chapter Twelve

Lauren carried a sleeping Lockie through the front door of her home leaving the door open for Camila to walk through with Callie, Lauren yawned and began walking up the stairs slowly, Camila closed the door behind her and locked it before following after Lauren.

"I'll meet you in the bedroom" Lauren mumbled.

"Mmm" Was Camila's repsonse before she disappeared into Callie's bedroom.

Both women began changing their children and placing them into their beds kissing them goodnight before making their way into their own bedroom.

They entered their bathroom and brushed their teeth and washed their faces in silence before walking back into the bedroom.

"Help me out of my dress?" Lauren asked looking at Camila over her shoulder.

"Of course" Camila's hands gliding across the thin material before finding the zip and pulling it down, she ran her hands across Lauren's shoulders pushing the dress off of them and watching it fall to the floor.

She pressed her lips against Lauren's back between her shoulder blades, snaking her arms around Lauren's waist pulling her into her body, Lauren's body relaxed against her wife sighing in content.

"Did you enjoy your birthday?" Camila mumbled kissing her shoulder softly.

"It was perfect" Lauren smiled wrapping her own arms over Camila's.

"Good, i am glad you had fun"

Camila pulled away from Lauren and removed her own dress, she slipped her bra off and made her way over to the chest of drawers pulling out a long shirt.

"Grab me one?" Lauren asked removing her bra.

Camila through Lauren the shirt before placing the one she had picked for herself over her body, both women clambered into bed curling up in each others arms underneath the duvet.

"I love you" Lauren smiled starring into brown eyes.

"I love you too" Camila reciprocated as a phone began ringing.

"It's 2am, who on earth is calling at this hour?" Camila questioned sitting up in bed.

Lauren followed her lead and reached over to the bedside table picking up the phone.

"Hello" Lauren spoke as Camila watched on.

"This is she"

"What? oh my god, what hospital?" Camila's eyes went wide when she heard the word hospital.

"Okay, i'll be right there" Lauren hung up the phone and flew out of bed running over to her closet and pulling out a pair of sweats.

"Lauren, hey what's going on" Camila was quickly behind her.

"My parents, there was an accident and" Lauren spoke quickly her words frantic and rushed.

"Calm down baby, deep breaths" Camila placed her hands on Lauren's shoulders to try and calm her.

"Are they okay?" Camila questioned searching Lauren's eyes.

"I don't know" Lauren whispered the first tear escaping.

"Okay, i'll call Dinah ask her to come over and watch the kids okay, we'll go together"

Lauren just nodded softly.

Camila walked over to the phone that was resting on the bed and began dialling her best friends number.

within 10 minutes Dinah had arrived and Camila and Lauren were in the car on their way to the hospital.