Patiently waiting

Neal woke up excruciatingly early. The baby was bawling his eyes out and it woke me as well as everyone else up. His crying persisted. When Mary couldn't handle it any longer she took him to hospital. Turns out he had an ear infection. Those suck, I used to get the all of the time as a kid, but I grew out of them as I got older.

As a result of being up so early I ended up sleeping through my alarm clock after I had fallen back asleep. It was nearly eleven o'clock when I completely woke up. I went down stairs to find Mary wide Awake, sipping coffee as she read a novel. I asked her why she hadn't woken me up. She said that I needed sleep and she hadn't intended on waking me up.

Rolling my eyes I made my way back up to my room to get ready. There was no point in rushing since I was already late. I laid back on the bed and picked up my phone. Lifting the device above my face, I unlocked it to see three texts from you. This side of you I was just Beginning to see I already loved, the clinginess. A smile played on my lips as I read each text.

6:39 am
We stayed on the phone for nearly eight and a half hours. I know you're probably still asleep. Is it weird that I didn't want to hang up?

6:50 am
I just got into class, I wish you were with me this morning. Mostly I wish I WOKE up with you this morning.

8:30 am
I'm in my first free period of the day, and I can't stop thinking about you. This is probably clingy, Probably annoying, and definitely out of character for me. But, Emma, I feel so attached to you already.. I hope, maybe, possibly, that you feel the same..

I took a moment to decided what I was going to reply with before I typed out a message in response.

10:57 am
You are so cute, Regina. Yes, of course I feel the same. I can't stop thinking about you, frankly. You mean so much to me, and I don't know. I just care about you, and what you think. I value you, as well as your opinions. Also, I don't think it was weird that you didn't want to hang up. Hell, if I had woken up before you I wouldn't have hung up at all. I'm running a bit late, but I should be there by your period. I'll see you soon, love.

After reading the message over I pressed send and tossed my phone down. Groaning, I pushed myself up and off of the bed to get ready. After having gone through the Normal routine if brushing my teeth and washing my face, I was actually ready to get up for the day. Opening my closet door, I pushed aside hanger after hanger trying to pick out what I should wear. After pushing aside many items of clothing I finally picked out an outfit. I pulled on dark blue, high waisted jeans, a white crop top, and tied a black and white flannel to my waist. My blonde locks fell in their natural waves around my shoulders. After dusting on my usual bit of makeup I was finished, and ready to go.

Mary, of course, insisted that I eat something before I go. She wouldn't let me just settle for an apple either. I sat at the table waiting for her to shove what ever food she thought was necessary my way. After about a seven minute wait she sauntered toward me with a bowl of oatmeal topped with blueberries, and a cup of orange juice. At this point it was nearing noon and I didn't understand the point of having breakfast, but she still insisted.

When I got to school lunch had just begun. I sat at my normal table as I waited for Ruby and the girls to go through the line. In the mean time I checked my phone hoping that maybe you had the time to text me. The small smile that splayed across my face soon fell when I saw you hadn't responded yet. I felt something hit my shoulder. Looking across from me I realized Ruby had already been sitting across from me. Her eyebrows were raised slightly and picked up another fry and took a bite out of it. Slowly, a smirk spread across her face.