Apples

The drive was silent, but long. I think because I was so exhausted it made it seem ten times longer than it was, but it was so slow. Once we finally arrived at your place I was just awkwardly waiting in the front foyer as you took your things to your office. I didn't know wether I should follow you or not so I just stood there. I didn't really have the mental capacity at the point to admire your house, but it was nice. After a few moments you arose from your office and called me to you.

"Emma, come on in, it's okay." Your voice again, was gentle. I slipped my shoes off at the front door and followed the sound of your voice. I followed it to a large bedroom, your room to be exact, and that's where I found you.

"I hope you don't mind sleeping in here, the guest bedroom isn't finished yet. I haven't gotten a mattress yet." I just nodded. Of course it was fine with me. You didn't even have to bring me here in the first place. You Walked over to your closet and pulled out a big plain black cotton T-shirt and handed it to me.

"I figured you may want something to sleep in for now."

"Thank you." You turned your back as I changed. It took me a bit to actually get me pants unbuttoned and off, but I did it. When I was done you turned around and gave me a glance over an nodded approvingly. I felt weird wearing your clothes, but It did confirm my thoughts from before: you did smell of apples.

I wasn't wearing pants, but that was okay because my boy-shorts practically looked like shorts. Also because the shirt was long and covered me in the front.

You patted the right side of the bed, and motioned for me to get in it. I felt like such a little kid, you were probably going to tuck me in and everything. I hoped you didn't look at me as a little kid. That would be the worst. I did as you told and climbed In and lifted the covers over myself.

Once I was in you clicked off the light to the right of the bed. You sat on the little space on bed in front to me, and leaned over and started smoothing my hair down. The action was soothing and endearing.

"If you want to talk about it more, I'm here, Emma. I know that having you here is breaking school policy, but I couldn't take you home when I know you aren't ready." I didn't want you to break school policy for me. You could get in trouble, but I was already here now.

"Can I in a little?" I didn't want to talk about it right now. I was too tired, and I just wanted to sleep. Then again I didn't want you to leave either.

"Of course." You smiled softly and got up to leave, but something took over me and I reached for your wrist. You looked down at my hand and then into my eyes.

"I don't want to be alone right now.. Just please stay until I fall asleep." You nodded and I let go of your wrist.

"Of course I will."

You grabbed the chair from in front of your vanity and pulled it up right next to me and say in it. My hand was still over the covers when you rested your on top of mine. You held my hand in the palm of yours and stroked the back of it soothingly with your thumb. I felt good. I felt okay, but most of all I felt at home.

"Will you talk to me.. Just tell me anything about yourself. Tell me anything to keep my mind distracted." It was true that I wanted to keep my mind busy, but it was also a good excuse to hear more about you. I didn't know what I was expecting to hear, but I just wanted to hear something. Everything. Anything. Your voice was soft as you spoke.

"Well.. Uhm.." You continued to draw circles on my hand with your thumb while you thought. "I just had my twenty second birthday, and I didn't get to celebrate because i was grading papers. So I just ate brownies I made, and watched my favorite movie.. Burlesque." I practically gasped. Burlesque was my favorite movie, too. I loved the story line. A Small town girl, big city dreams. Once she finally has her dreams she falls for the guy she's been staying with and its amazing. Plus her vocals give me chills.