Passionate dance

I woke up later than I had hoped to. I was hoping to be up before you so I could leave without you being up yet. You were definitely up now, because I could smell the faint scent of food being cooked that lingered in the air. I put my hands up to my eyes and rubbed them before letting out a low groan. I didn't want to do this but I had to leave.

Just as I was about to get up you entered the room with a tray that held a plate with a small vase and a single flower in it. It wasn't until you came over to me that I was sure it has been for me. My stomach clenched at the the action, it was so endearing.

"Good morning, sleepy head. I made you breakfast." My stomach clenched even tighter and a huge smile grew on my face. Fuck, was I getting in deep. Why did you have to be so kind? I just sat there staring at you with a huge grin on my face as you place the standing tray on my lap.

It hit me then that maybe you remember what you did last night and felt bad for it. Or maybe you woke up in the same position. Maybe this was your way of saying sorry. It didn't feel so special to me then. I still accepted and appreciated it, though.

"Thank you, so much. You didn't have to do this. Really, you've done way to much for me." You smiled back at my note of appreciation. There it was again the clenching of my stomach. You looked so genuinely happy to have made me smile even if it was something small.

"You really have to stop thanking me. You have to be fed, dear." It was true but you didn't have to go all out. Breakfast in bed was perhaps the sweetest gesture anyone had given me. I gave you a soft smile and you left the room. I looked down at the plate before me. You had made toast, fruit, and bacon. You also poured me orange juice. Even though the gesture was small it was huge in my eyes.

After I finished I took the tray into the kitchen. You were leaning against the counter reading something on your phone.  You looked up at me and set your phone down as you extended your arms to take the tray. I shook my head no. The least I could do was the dishes. You knew there was no point in fighting me so you dropped it. I washed the plate along with the other dishes before placing them in the dishwasher. I didn't know what to do with myself afterwards so I just stood there for a second. It was silent and I figured it would be best that I went home.

"I should probably go home. I don't want to overstay my welcome, and I need to speak to Mary." You nodded as if you understood but the look on your face told me otherwise. You seemed a bit distressed and I wasn't sure if it was from me or what you had been reading on your phone.

"You could never overstay your welcome, but you're probably right. I'll give you a ride when you're ready." I was quick to deny the offer. I couldn't be in an enclosed space with you again. I knew for a fact that my resistance was running on the better half of empty and being in the car with you would completely drain any that I had remaining.

"No, it's okay, I think the walk will do me good. It'll give me time to figure out what I'm going to say." That was a legitimate excuse. It was one you couldn't deny.

"It's pouring outside, dear." Fuck. I would have to do it anyways. I could walk home in the rain it's not like I hadn't before. I would just have to keep my phone inside the zipper pocket of my leather jacket.

"I'll be okay. Trust me, it'll be good for me." You realized that there was no point in fighting me on that either, because I would stay persistent. I wasn't going to give up on this because I couldn't kiss you. I couldn't. I could not ruin- wait. I was about to ruin it anyways. I was going to lessen the time that I was around you? Why not ruin it more? I decided on what I was going to do, and I would do it.

"Okay." With that I took my leave back into the bedroom where I changed back into my clothes; leather jacket and all. I quickly washed my face and brushed my teeth before pulling my hair out of the now, loose ponytail. My hair was about to get drenched anyways. I let out a huge sigh as I prepared myself. 
I walked out into the living room where you were now. You sat on the arm of the couch still in your night gown. I awkwardly readjusted my jacket unsure of what to say.

"Is it okay if I go through your backyard? It'll be easier for me to figure out how to get home through the alleyways." I walked over to the front door way and slipped on my shoes as I spoke. You simply nodded and I could tell something was bothering you. I hoped I hadn't been the cause behind that but like everything else with you I couldn't be sure. You let me out through the backdoor.

"Thank you again.. I really appreciate it." You just gave me a soft smile and nodded again. I stepped out into the porch and walked through the pathway and towards the gate. It wasn't until I had actually left through the gate that I heard the backdoor close. I walked slowly as I reveled in the feeling of the heavy water droplets pouring down on me.

It felt amazing, and though I had always thought of rain as the sky crying, it was beautiful.

I hadn't even made it to the end of the second house down when I heard my name being called from behind. I turned around to see you walking towards me. You were already drenched as you pulled your robe tighter around your body. I stopped in my tracks and just stared at you. Why did you have to be so damn beautiful- even with no makeup and drenched hair. When you walked up to me you held out my phone in a plastic ziplock bag.

"You forgot this." Your voice was loud as you spoke over the heavy pitter-patter of the rain. It was cute. You zip locked my phone so it wouldn't get wet and everything. I took the bag from you and put it in my jacket pocket before zipping it closed. I looked up to meet your chocolate brown eyes with my own.

"Did you really come out in the pouring rain just to give me my phone, when you could have on Monday?" My own voice was loud as well. I was genuinely curious though. Why did you do that when you could've given it to me Monday? You chewed on your lip nervously.

"I did." That was it.

"I don't care about my phone right now.." You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion.

"Then what do you care about right now?" This was my moment; this was my time to finally ruin everything and for a good reason. I stepped closer to you closing the gap between us. I swallowed hard. I slipped my hand around the back of your neck as I spoke in a whisper.

"This." I pulled you into me and I kissed you. Gosh I kissed you. Your lips were soft yet moist as they were coated with water from the rain that still remained pouring round us. I hadn't expected your lips to move in sync with mine but they did. The kiss was soft and heated, but passionate nonetheless. I pulled you closer to me by my hand that was now placed at the small of your back. You opened your mouth slightly and our tongues fought in a gentle dance, one I would never forget. My chest was on fire, my lips were tingling, and my stomach felt airy.

I pulled back and looked into your eyes searching for a reason or plea to stay for just a bit longer, but I didn't see one. So I gave you a soft smile, and I turned and left. I knew you were still standing there.

I also knew I had ruined everything, but if that's what I had gotten in return I was okay with it. I was okay with my decision to ruin everything because your lips on mine is something I'm sure I would not ever forget.

________

So here is a much awaited chapter! I know i waited awhile before letting this happen, but I wanted to make it natural. I know this update is shorter, but I wanted to separate the intimacy from Emma's home life. I feel like it made it meant more as a single chapter than conjoined. It is the breaking point, really, but don't worry, I still plan on making this a very slow burn. I hope you guys liked this, and how it played out. Please leave feedback.

P.s.: I'm already working on the next chapter, because my writers block is finally gone! (;

Xx
- Alec