A place on earth with you.

"Okay."

There was a brief pause on the phone. It seemed like you were trying to gather your thoughts, or maybe your courage, which? I wasn't sure.

"I know you saw the girl in the photo album.. And.. I saw her Emma. I saw her the other night.. We kissed."

~

Jolting up in my bed I realized that it was all a dream, the call, the worry in your voice, but it all felt so real. Your voice felt like it was quite literally ringing in my ears. Somehow I had managed to fall asleep after pulling the covers up over me, and I guess because you were the last thing on my mind I dreamt of you. It just didn't make sense that I had such a horrid dream when my thoughts of you were nothing but love filled.

Maybe I had a guilty conscious about looking through the album without your permission. That's what it had to be. I would have to tell you that I looked, because I needed clarification and you deserved to know. I would in time, but right now I just needed to hear your voice.

Glancing over at the clock on my bed, I could see through my semi-clouded vision that it was 12:01 am. I didn't care. I needed you at that moment. Picking up my phone, I lazily unlocked it and clicked the telephone icon next to your phone number. You picked up on the third ring, and your voice was sleepily drenched in worry. It was cute. I could tell you were out of it, but you were sill concerned that I called so late.

You asked me if I was okay, and I of course said yes. I wasn't going to worry you with such a small thing so late. I just simply told you that I had a bad dream, and I wanted your voice because it always made things okay. You always made things okay.

We stayed on the phone for awhile talking about the sky and everything in between. Topics were endless when I was talking to you. And, even when we weren't talking, and it was silent, I still appreciated the moments I had with you even if you were on the other side of the phone and not beside me. Eventually, the line grew silent and I knew you had fallen , so I drifted off too.

Though I didn't have the familiar warmth of your body huddled up near my own, I had the warmth of your voice, and that was enough for me; for now at least. At one point in the night I woke up panting, again, but this time I felt like I had fallen off of a cliff. I jolted up and looked around my room making sure that I was here. That I was okay. My mind was groggy but I still somehow managed to remember that you may still be on the other line. I looked at my phone and pressed the home screen button. Squinting my eyes I looked to see that we had been on the call for five hours, forty minutes, and twenty two seconds. For some reason knowing you were there calmed me down- I would have to thank you for that tomorrow. I cuddled back down into my bed and pulled the covers tighter around myself, as once again consumed me.

Morning came bright and early. By the time I had woken up you had ended the call, I figured you were busy or something. I laid in bed staring at the sunlight that peaked through the curtains, causing a small sheen of light to show through. The birds were chirping and singing away, all things seemed right in the world. Everything was peaceful, at ease. It almost seems to good to be true almost ethereal like. I reached over to my nightstand and pulled out my book that I had been meaning to start but never did. By the time I had gotten through three chapters my mom came in and told me the plans for the day. She would finish up the pies and the work on making the dough for the bread. In the meantime she wanted me to help David tidy up a bit, which I had no problem with.

While Neal was down for his nap my father and I did various things around the house. I dusted the living room and swept and mopped the foyer. He swept the stairs, and cleaned the bathrooms. I protested cleaning the bathrooms besides my own, which no one went into besides me. Cleaning didn't take long, and Before I knew it I was in the kitchen helping Mary where I could. I'd put in an egg here, stir there, or clean up around her. My mood was great, something I hadn't felt in a long time. My legs felt like they were moving wistfully over clouds, and I loved the feeling. I loved the feeling that I had in my chest, and it was all because of you. It would be stupid of me to even think I lived before having you in my life, because I didn't.