12 ❁ Together

rating / general

genre / band!AU, friendship, romance

summary /

and when the doors stayed shut,
the band members realized that the lingering feelings had been set free
and no longer hidden and stuck.

_____________

Okita's dream had been granted. The lights blinded him, there were screams from the jumping audience, there was no doubt that everyone was enjoying the concert. This was his lifelong dream. To be an artist and to use his tunes and lyrics to convey his inner feelings. And of course, for these songs to be loved and appreciated by others. He relished in hearing different kinds of people uniting through his music, and it was so satisfying that he couldn't describe it well.

But the music that was deafening him right now, it wasn't his. It was theirs.

A reminder flashed brightly on the back of Okita's mind, remembering Nobume. Nobume was a blue-haired girl, a quiet one who had an exquisite and extremely beautiful voice. At first, Okita admitted that he felt something quite different when he saw her, something albeit to attraction, but once he found out that she was his band member, a rich flame took in the oxygen and burned bright.

He didn't even expect that his company would put him in a band. He never liked working in groups, not being able to work with other people well no matter how much he tried. It was really difficult, especially when he wavered when he started to converse with a certain cold quiet girl.

After a while though, he found a way to mask his emotions whenever he was around her.

"That's it for the night! Thank you, Manila!" Okita and Nobume both bow in sync while holding hands, with mics in the other.

The two scramble in the dimly lit backstage, as more screams could be heard from the crowd. There were definitely fanchants, awesome and united, resulting to another smile from Okita. Tonight's crowd was definitely lit and an ultimately different experience, there were many times where Okita couldn't help but be this hyper kid, because all the fans that attended tonight's concert seemed like they had energy coming from another world. They cheered with so much vigor, Okita didn't know that was actually possible.
He even spotted a smile on Nobume's face, which hasn't been seen for 0283840272634027 years—of course that was a joke—Manila's energy was indeed very unworldly.

Speaking of energy, Okita could smell coffee pervading the air. Then he felt something hot near his crotch. Then he felt his skin burn. Then he felt like screaming his lungs out.

"AAAAAH! WHAT THE HELL?" Okita was loud as he immediately stood up from his comfortable seat on the couch — where he daydreamt with a smile on his face — and started jumping around as he felt his skin sting.

"Sorry," Nobume mumbled, eyes half-lidded and unobscured, showing clear disappointment for herself.

"You should be more careful! Oh Jesus," Okita chided with a frown marring his face.

He masked his feelings with a reasonless anger, finding every opportunity to get mad at Nobume.

_____

"Welcome to your room," their manager monotonously mentioned as he opened the hotel door with a key card.
"You'll be staying here for two days before we go to the next tour destination. Please practice your songs, together. I'll be buying lunch," with that he exited with a bang, letting the two settle down.