2 ❁ Bad Influence

rating / general

genre / canon, friendship, romance

summary /

so the reason why
she is cold-hearted
is all because of a guy
who changed her life.

_________________

[    young!nobume's POV   ]

I ran out of my family's house.

I felt the cold rain against my skin. It seemed angry.

They were similar to the mood of my parents; furious.

They did this once a week every night, they quarrel over little things and tonight was no different, they bickered again.

I ran and ran with my tears slipping out of the seams eyes. They mixed with the rain that now subsided, and was more lonely than fuming.

I ran and ran. I arrived at a deserted playground where the swings were moving slowly.

That place was where I truly belonged. I did not despise my home, it was just the playground brought more happiness.

A little smile forms on my face as I stop running. I entered the playground, immediately climbing the slide. I pushed myself and let out a cheer then I went to the swing.

I remembered my parents fighting. They seemed to be really in love. Though I don't understand, because they do love each other yet they fight.

When you fight, it means you hate each other right?

I sigh as I was confused and the tears start falling again. What if my parents don't love each other anymore? Will they separate? I wouldn't want that..

I sniff loudly, pushing myself on the swing that I was on gently. The rain still fell and I was grateful for that. It comforted me even just a little.

"Hello," I heard.

I almost had a heart attack.

"Yah!"

I was looking down and crying, so when I looked up, I saw a taller boy facing me.

"Calm down pretty face," he replied with a little smile. I blushed at his compliment but my tears were still falling down and despite the embarrassment I couldn't stop them.

He frowned. "Why are you crying? It doesn't fit such a pretty face like yours."

I was shocked when he told me that. I looked up to him — since I was smaller — with a surprised face. "How did you know?" I responded as shyly and quietly as possible. Considering the rain, it was impossible to tell tears and rain dews apart.

"I'm good at reading emotions. But I'm better at reading pretty faces' emotions," he smirked a little.

I blush again.

My parents told me that strangers were dangerous. Although these notions toward me make me think that I can trust him. "Why are you crying?" He repeated, taking the swing next to me.

I wiped my eyes a bit before telling him. "My parents back home are fighting. I figured I'd run away. Sometimes they tell me to not watch them while they fight."

He nodded. "I understand. Are you hurt?"

I was happy that he was concerned. "No.."

He seemed to doubt me but moved on. "Oh I see," he then smiled, showing teeth. "I'm strong. I don't like seeing other people cry and I don't like crying too."

I didn't believe him because he was a kid too. He needed to cry from time to time! "Why not?"

"Because I want to be strong for everyone. Including you!" He said excitedly, but his face wasn't really showing it that much.

"What's your name, pretty face?" I always seem to get affected by his compliments..

I thought if I should tell him..but then I figured, my systems seemed to trust him.
"Nobume. Imai Nobume," I smiled widely, while the rain still dropped angrily and it didn't even become gentle at all, "you are?"

He returned the smile. "Okita Sougo."

[ POV end! ]

____

Nobume idolized Sougo when they were kids.

Sougo was strong but he was insecure about himself.

He became stronger for himself and even protected his feelings. He couldn't express his feelings freely anymore when they turned eight together.

Nobume's parents were happy to find out she found a friend even though Okita usually wore a poker face. He was still kind and friendly.

But Nobume got influenced by Okita's "strength" too much, and soon she was stone hearted and protected her feelings too.

Although she was still kind, friendly, and funny, Nobume's parents sought to get rid of Okita for they think he is a bad influence.

Due to that, they were separated.

There came the time where Nobume was old enough and she got hurt by a friend who she mistrusted.

Not forgetting her first love's words, she thoroughly became cold hearted and protected her feelings.

When she got older, Nobume didn't think that they would meet again..

___

"Oh," a rather familiar voice rings. He notices her poker expression and smirks. "We finally meet again, pretty face."

_________________

YAY! Okay this was short (it is a drabble for a reason right?) but I hope you like it!! This was also short because she's a kid, and if I elaborate too much that wouldn't match at all

I've always used this plot for different ships since it fits every pairing I have!! GOSH IM SUCH A GENIUS

I was also wondering, what is a better writing style, the style of Chapter 1, Licking Your Lips (Stop) or Chapter 2, Bad Influence?? Please give feedback!! I NEED IT AND IT WOULD HELP A LOT

Thank you so much for reading!! OKINOBU FTW~

V O T E

C O M M E N T

F O L L O W

❁ ambertrill ❁