Chapter 9: Trying Too Hard

~Sunday~

"Riley, please, I'm sorry."

"No."

"What can I do to make it up to you?"

"You can leave me alone."

"But, I'm never going to leave you alone, babe."

"Then, piss off."

Riley hung up on him. She hung up on him.

He could not believe it. If there was a first time for everything, this was it. No girl had ever dared to hung up on Oliver Wilde. And for some reason, he liked it. He really liked it. Maybe it was the way that she said no, or maybe it was the way she turned off her phone, he just really liked it.

And so, he came to a conclusion, he was going to make Riley fall on her knees, begging him to forgive her. And this was his plan...

~Monday, After School~

"I'll get it Mum!" Riley yelled, bolting down her stairs the same time as her brother.

"Ew, Miles," she said when they both reached the stairs, "go play with your dollies, it's obviously for me. You don't have any friends."

Miles swore under his breath before leaving the room, ever since Riley got into a fight with Oliver it was like she was on pills, either happy, or extremely mad.

Riley ignored her brother and opened the door.

"Oliver!" She exclaimed, shutting the door behind her.

"What the hell are you doing here?"

Oliver quickly fell onto his knees and grabbed her hands.

"Oh Riley, please don't be angry at me, I didn't want you to be angry."

He gave her his best puppy dog eyes and she sighed.

"I don't know, Oli. I think you should try a little harder."

Then she walked inside and slammed the door.

Oliver nodded and stood up before leaving. When he reached his car, he yelled, "I'm not done yet!"

~Tuesday~

That morning, when Riley pulled into school, she was quite surprised when she opened her locker and out came fifty plushy toys.

Oliver! She thought, He must have done this!

She smiled slightly and took out one of her extra bags, she started putting the plushies into the bag when a piece of paper caught her view.

What's this?

She grasped the paper and sat down, it was a poem. How cheesier could it be?

None the less, she opened it and began to read,

Riley, I wrote this for you, xoxoxo Oliver.

She stands there, with silky waves of brown hair that cover her beautiful blue pearls she calls eyes, and when you see her, everybody knows, she's the girl for him, everyone knows, even him.

She scoffed and put the paper in her backpack. There went Oliver quoting 'Everybody Knows', saying he wrote it when it was the most popular song last year.

He was so lame. And cheesy. So cheesy.

Who even wrote letters nowadays? Nobody, that's who. Letters were a waste of time and they were-oh who was Riley kidding? She found it incredibly cute and thoughtful he put aside some of his time to write a letter, even if it only took five minutes. It was too adorable.