He didn't need to know the TTT only had three members.

Or that I only beat one of them.

A girl is allowed her secrets, okay?

Good.

"How?"

Frostbite shrugged. "The people in my Squad are pretty smart. The more minds at work, the sooner Mason and Jans will be back." Deli nodded. "Yeah, but the easier it is to get caught." Frost smirked. "I think I may have a way to solve that. Don't worry."

We spent a few hours brainstorming a plan, on how to get our Squads to all meet. Three Squads. Fifteen hormonal, jackass, kids who were too powerful for their own good with an important secret.

I was really worried.

But I believed in AIAA. Not Mr. Fahlyun. Probably not Mr. Kernel either. I hadn't seen Ms. Hook since last year, but she was away on a Mission, thus confirming we would have no help from the Staff.

At least, that they'd know of.

So we spent our little three hour reunion munching on pasta and lettuce (that was Frost's take in salad. Never again) and fixing the plan that was slowly forming. It reminded me of old times, planning a prank with these guys.

And like the good old days, Delirium was being the conscience stopping us when we went too far.

"No, Jet, we aren't dressing like skimpy ninjas to sneak in anywhere!"

Frost was making sure anything I missed, she didn't.

"Shift, man! The measurements of the height of the building?! What if we can't get in?"

Jet and me, the ever-joking lighteners of the mood.

"You totally just want to see some butt. Like, I know I have a nice butt, but it's okay. If you ask nicely, maybe I will bless you with good buttdom."

"Jet, my butt is way nicer than yours."

It felt like home.

Maybe it was because this home, was the only home if known. And I hadn't realized I'd missed my friends so much since the business of Squad life took ahold of me. But Jans and Mason's absence was clear, like a large gaping, bleeding wound. No gentle but stern scoldings from Mason. None of Jans' hoity-toity worrying that actually usually helped us with prep.

They weren't there.

But we joked and laughed and planned. We tried to fill the wound, bandage it temporarily with the promise of an end, while not knowing whether we were lying or not.

"Hey, Jacob Mitchell is your full name, Jet?" I asked through a hysterical fit of laughter. He snatched the student list from my hands. "You knew that!" I had to catch a few breaths. "Yeah... but I forgot how hilarious it is." Delirium sniffed. "I think it's honourable." She said quietly, monotone. I straightened. "Urgh, no. Delirium! You can't not be you! You've changed. You're...in love." She blushed, and it made her pale skin red. Jet was staring away and pretending he couldn't hear us, although he was sitting right next to us.

Stupid.

"I'm dating him." She replied. I nodded. "I know. Laws of attraction, Deli, they don't lie!"

I felt freer here. I didn't have to be the smarty one. I wasn't the Squad 1 Deviser. I wasn't the smarter henchman. I was just me. Shift. Shift who would tease #Jeli until the end of the world, yes. Shift who would poke fun and tease and forget.

Not the Shift who would analyze everything. Not the Shift who'd have to work so hard to make jokes, and even then it didn't feel like it did here. It felt like I was trying too hard, to be someone I wasn't.