Chapter 4

I unlocked the front door, dropping my bag. I ran up the stairs and straight into my room. I sit on my bed and take a deep breath. If anything I am very confused.

I picked up my laptop and went on Tumblr for a while. Then I remembered Josh.

I slowly opened up Facebook and as soon as I logged on Josh messaged me. I guess he must of been waiting for me. Um okay.

J: hi, you k?

I cringe at him using text talk, because ew. But it is as if we are best friends the way he speaks to me.

A: yeh, um why do you want to talk?

J: Listen, I'm trying to be nice if you hadn't noticed, so maybe you could lay off a little?

A: But just because you're being nice now doesn't change the fact you say things about me and call me names.

J: Look, it's not my idea ok? I just wanted to apologise, the guys don't know about this, I just can't keep doing this to you, it doesn't feel right.

A: but as soon as I walked away today you started slagging me off with Ethan?!

J: It's just when I'm around them, look I'm sorry, I will try and get them to lay off yeh?

At this point I shut my computer. Who does he think he is? He has made my life hell for years and he thinks I'll forgive him over Facebook? Please.

THE NEXT DAY

I put down my lunch tray next to Laura.
"I really am not ready for the English tutoring" I sighed taking a bite out of an apple.
"It'll be fine, I promise" she smiled, hugging me lightly.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

I sat down at my English desk, getting out my books.

All the lower set started filing in. Simon came and leaned on my desk casually.
"Should we go to the library? It will b-"
"Yeh, sure, whatever"

I stood up and packed my stuff for the library, Simon following behind.

I pushed open the door and sat on one of the tables near the back, Getting out my stuff again.

"Sooo," I said trying to break the silence, "what do you need help with?"

"I'm not here to do work" he said looking at me directly.

I looked at him like he was a perv.

"Nonono, not like that" he laughed.

I just smiled and nodded.

I swear whenever these guys are by themselves they act so genuine.

"I'm sorry" He said suddenly, looking at me.

"What for?"

"Being a dick to you, I know you must hate all of us, but it's stupid and to be honest we all regret picking on you, well, I do"

"You do realize how much you've made my life hell? Every day I dreaded school because of all of you. I don't understand why you chose me, and to be honest I don't think saying sorry will make up for it"

•••••••••••••••••••••••

I got home after school and just flopped. Summer was in a couple of weeks, so I can't wait to catch up on my sleep and the walking dead (my life)

But the tutoring had to continue through the break, so that meant seeing Simon three times a week, yay.

My mum came in and told me she had the business trip for however long, I just smiled and nodded because really I couldn't give two shits. She hugged me goodbye and told me she bought lots of food for me and if I need help go to the neighbors, the usual.

So when she left I called Laura to come over.

"Did you bring food, if not, you can leave right now" I said as I let her in from the door.
"Trust me I did"

We were sat watching mean girls, filling our faces, then mean girls two, filling our faces.
"God, we're fat" I laughed feeling like I'm about to throw up.
"You know, we should go on a jog, to work this off" she said getting up.
"But exorcise, I can't exorcise, I don't exorcise" I moaned following her to my closet.

She threw me a baggy white t-shirt and some black leggings along with my trainers. I got dressed and tied my hair up.

"It will be some fun, and we can explore a bit" she smiled jogging down the stairs and opening the front door.

We had been running for a long time, it was alright but only because Laura was there, if she wasn't I would be dying right now.

It had got really dark while we've been running, and now we were struggling to see.

"Laura, where at we?" I shouted getting worried by her look.
"Well we're somewhere in London" she breathed out.

We were stood in the pitch black catching our breaths. I turned around to rest on a wall when I saw this massive house. By this time Laura had seen it too.

"We can't just knock!" I whisper shouted "what if it's some creepy old pervert"

"It'll be fine" she replied walking up the driveway.

I followed slowly behind her.

When she knocked I heard shuffling inside and then the door opened.

I was looking around when laura said
"Simon? I didn't know you lived here!" She laughed.

I turned my head and saw him.

" Come in for a bit, you can have a drink" he said noticing how out of breath we were.

"Oh it's fi-"

Laura punched my arm and pushed me through the front door. I can't, this is going to be so awkward.

I followed Simon to the kitchen and most of the guys were stood there chatting. They all looked up when me and Laura came in, but they were looking at me. I saw Josh gulp and look extremely worried for my sake. Simon chucked us some water bottles from the fridge.

"What's 'that' doing here" JJ said pointing at me with a disgusted face.

"Where's the bathroom?" I said wanting to leave this conversation now.

"At the end of the hall, on the right" Simon said, smiling at JJ's remark.

I walked to bathroom and when I got there I started crying, I couldn't help it. I tried to keep the sobs as quiet as possible but there was a knock on the door.