The Light Fades

July 1st

~Aries~

I sat next to Leo sleeping in the bed. I heard about what happened to Meredy from Lucy-san. I'm scared... What if that happens to Leo? What would I do?

~Lyon~
The beeping from the heart monitor reminded me of what happened three years ago. The day I thought I first lost her. This time, I think I might've lost her for good... That beeping is haunting me... I cover my ears, wishing to take out the noise. Make it stop!

~Lucy~
This is insane! This is the fourth victim! I have to hurry and find the book to end this madness!

~Gray~
I couldn't sleep in the half-empty bed without Juvia. I can't sleep! The fact that Juvia and now, even Meredy, is like that... There's gotta be a reason!

"That's it!" I shouted, quickly jumping out of bed and throwing on a pair of jeans and a jacket.

Who needs a shirt when you can just wear a jacket?

I ran out and went to the one person that can give me answers to anything:

Hibiki Lates.

I knocked on his door. It was one in the morning so, he shouldn't be asleep yet since he still has to hack the new Five Nights at Freddy's 4 for cheats.

"Coming!" I heard him shout on the other side.

Hibiki opened the door and he was pretty surprised to see me. He raised an eyebrow and said, "Gray."

"What's up, Hibiki?" I smiled and he let me in.

"When they said you looked dead, I didn't expect that the "The Walking Dead" cast paraded through your house. You okay, man?" Hibiki asked as he jumped into his swivel chair.

"Yeah, I'm fine... But, I need you to do something for me." I said and he smirked.

"The great and all-powerful Gray Dragneel is asking little ol' me for help!" he laughed and I smiled a bit.

"Sure. Anything to help out an old pal of mine." he cracked his fingers and started to work on his many sets of computer screens.

"So... You're interested in the recent cases of people being attacked and fall into comas." he pulled up several medical reports and even something from the Sabertooth High case two years ago.

"Search up the last name, "Shirayuki"," I said and Hibiki did so.

"Woah! That is a lot of kids!" Hibiki pulled up a picture with several kids on the front.

Wait, there's Alyn! And all those kids... And there's a little one with a rabbit. She looks to be the same age as Rosemary.

"Hey, this is cool too." Hibiki pulls up a picture of a book.

That's-!

"I'm here for that book and nothing else!"

My head began to hurt and I cringed in pain.

"Oi, Gray!" Hibiki saw me and he freaked a bit.

And all of a sudden, the pain left as quickly as it came.

"What the hell was that, Gray?" Hibiki asked.

"I must've had a reaction to that book... My sister, Levy, has one that looks exactly like it." I pointed to the book on the screen.

The book of E.N.D.

~Yukino~

I'm scared... I can't sleep with all this madness going on and Sting won't let me leave the house. I turn to face him on the bed and he was sleeping peacefully. I guess... I could go out for a bit just to relieve some of my stress.

I pulled on some shorts and a pair of boots before grabbing my jacket and quietly going out the door. I stretched my arms out and yawned. This walk is exactly what I needed! Maybe... I could go say hi to Sorano. She should still be awake, given the people she hangs out with never let her sleep (at least, that's what she tells me). I haven't spoken to her since all this begun to happen.

I stopped in place, in the middle of the park and looked up to the moon.

"Okay! I'm going to see Sorano!" I smiled and I began to go to her house with her friends.

"You really shouldn't wander at night, Aguria-chan." I heard a woman say behind me.

She was quite beautiful with hair the color of the sakura blossoms surrounding us. Her eyes were as blue as the sky during the day. She smiled at me and I began to feel a little uncomfortable.

I stepped back and asked, "I'm sorry, do I know you?"

"Oh, silly me! I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Haru, like spring." she outstretched her hand and her smile turned sinister.

"Then again, you don't have much longer before you're E.N.D.-sama's for good." her eyes became red and I began to run.

"HELP!!!" I screamed before something plunged into my back.

"Screaming will ruin that beautiful voice of yours, my little canary." Thorned vines were coming out of her back and whatever was in me came out.

"Oopsy. I made a mess." she laughed, holding a little glowing orb in her hand.

"Still... Your soul is pretty and more lighthearted than Rogue-kun's was." she placed the orb in her pocket and I fell to my knees.

I can't move my fingers... It's like I don't know how to move!

"Well, it's been fun but, I've got five more of these to collect and I don't want Trix and Sara to have all the fun! Ta ta!" she waved goodbye as she disappeared into the sakura petals.

"Yukino is that you?!" I heard a girl call out to me as I finally fell completely to the ground.

"S-So-Sorano-n-nee..." And I began to black out.

"YUKINO!"