Chapter 20

"What's your deal?" I asked Nate as he sat on my chair with a disgusted look on his face.

"You're kidding right?" He snapped.

"What did I do? Why are you so mad at me?"

"What happened with you and Jack at the hospital?" I rolled my eyes at his question.

"You are honestly joking right?" I let out a chuckle. "I needed to talk to him so I called him and told him to come. Am I not allowed to talk to my friends?"

"I didn't say that. Why did he lie to us, he could have told us you wanted to talk to him." Nate said changing his facial expression to a more hurt look.

"I don't know Nate, I didn't tell him to lie. He probably just knew you guys would insist on coming. And I just needed him." I said truthfully.

"You just needed him. That's good to hear coming from my girlfriend."

"That's not what I meant- He already knew what- That's not fair." I said jumbling my words.

"How is that not fair? You call another guy instead of your boyfriend. Your boyfriend who you have been so cold to lately I might add." He said getting mad now.

"I haven't been cold."

"You have been pushing all of us away the past couple days."

"The past couple days? You mean when I found out I was pregnant by someone who I would rather be dead. Or when a truck came head on and hit me. Or how about when I found out I lost the baby. What do you all want from me? You don't understand how hard I try to pretend nothing happened. Everything is eating me inside and I cant handle it anymore. So ya I push you guys away but I don't mean to. I just don't know what to do anymore." I blurted.

"Mads." He sighed.

"And nothing happened with Jack, he was comforting me telling me everything was going to be ok. Usually you wouldn't give two shits about me talking to him so I don't know why you turned this into such a big deal. It's like you're just looking for reasons to fight or something." I was on a rampage. My eyes started to tear up but I managed to blink them away. I am so sick of crying.

"Mads." Nate sighed again.

"And the fact that-"

"Mads! Stop talking." Nate said joining me on the bed. I looked up at him and saw his soft smile. I furrowed my eyebrows questioning his look. "Do you feel better?"

"This isn't a joke."

"I'm not looking for reasons to fight. And I'm not mad you called Jack instead of me, I'm jealous, but not mad. I just miss the way things between us used to be. I know you have been through a lot and honestly it kills me inside seeing you like this. I miss your smile. I miss your laugh. I miss the way your face lights up when you see something that interest you. I miss you. I try to not take it personally when you don't want to talk or see me. Or when you just would rather be alone. But I cant help shake the feeling that you are losing interest in me. Like you are just over it. I just wish these past two months didn't happen and we were back to just being us." With every word Nate said my heart broke more and more. I wasn't over him. I don't think I ever could be. The fact that he feels like that hurts and the fact that I make him feel like that hurts even more.

"Come on, you know how I feel about you." I sighed.

"Do I? Because honestly I just don't know anymore." Those words hurt the most.

I placed my hand on his cheek turning his head to face me. We locked eyes for what felt like forever.

"I love you. No. I am in love with you. I don't know what I would do with out you and honestly I never want to find out." I told him moving my hand to the back of his head playing with his hair. He reached both his hands up and cupped my face.

"I love you so much Mads it hurts." He leaned in closer cutting the space between us in half but never once breaking eye contact. My heart began beating faster. After all these years Nate still manages to give me butterflies. A smile crept onto his smile making me smile even more. I tugged his neck a little pulling him towards me. Our lips connected and began moving in sync. His hands began traveling up my back and all over my arms. Next thing I know he's kissing me harder and deeper. I am getting an urgent desire for more, more of his kisses more of his touches. I feel him kissing against my shoulder and working his way up my neck. Hitting a sweet spot I lean my head back and my mouth drops open letting a small moan escape. He pulls our bodies closer together while a sharp pain shoots through my body, I wince at the pain and Nate jumps off of me.

"I'm sorry." Nate said concerned.

"Im ok." I laugh grabbing my throbbing ribs.

"Do you want some of your pain medicine?" Nate asked walking toward the door to go get me some.

"No Nate I'm good. Will you come lay with me?" He smiles then comes back to the bed. I curl into his chest and he kisses the top of my forehead.