Chapter 1

"Nate not now!" I tried to push him away as he was leaving soft kisses down my neck.

"Why not?" He moaned into my neck.

"Because Sammy could be anywhere." Even though we were at a party with tons of people around I wasn't going to take the risk of having my brother see me with one of his best friends.

"When are you just going to give in. Why cant we tell him what going on already." Nate asked.

"Nateeee." I said dragging out his name. We've had this talk so many times before. I knew my brother better than anyone and I know he would be upset if I were to date one of his friends.

"C'mon." He begged. 

"I can't have this talk right now."

"Mads I'm serious, I can't keep this up." He sounded upset. As he had every right to be. It wasn't fair I was making him keep this from his best friend. But like I said I knew my brother, it just wasn't the right time.

"I thought you said I was worth waiting for."

"Well how long exactly are you planning on making me wait for Mads." His voice changed from upset to anger. His choice of words stung for some reason. Maybe I was just being too sensitive but it hurt. I could feel my eyes starting to water up but I managed to blink away the tears.

"Look.." Nate started to speak again before I could come up with a response. "Like I said Sam's my best friend and I don't know about you but I hate lying to him. I can't keep doing this behind his back." It was sweet how much he cared about my brother. But I wasn't changing my mind. Sam cant know. Not now.

"You think I like keeping this a secret? I hate lying to Sam but it's just not that simple.." I choked out.

"And that's the problem right there." He said sternly. I looked at him confused and he continued his train of thought. "Listen, We've had our fun but I'm not going to be in a secret relationship. I can't. That's not who I am."

"So what are you saying." I knew exactly where this was going but I needed to hear him say it.

"You don't want to tell Sam, that's fine we just wont give him anything worth telling. You do your thing Mads and I will do mine. Did I make it simple enough for you?" My heart shattered every word he spoke. I knew his intentions weren't trying to be mean but it hurt anyways. I immediately looked away trying so hard not to completely break down in front of him. I could tell he was waiting for me to say something, anything. All I was capable of doing though was slowly nod my head as I stared at the ground.

"I'll see you back at the house." He said walking right past me.

"Ya, I'll see ya."

I couldn't go home. I couldn't see Nate. Not Now. Not after what just happened. I knew that if I went home the guys would sense something was up and what was I going to say? Ya Nate and I broke up. They didn't know. I needed to go somewhere, anywhere...