Chapter 4

That night the guys dragged me to a party. As much as I didn't want to go I felt like I should. I was the one who wanted everything to go back to normal and parties were normal to us. I told them all that due to the past week I thought it would be best if I didn't drink. We decided to all hang out by the fire in the back with a few other people. Parties are fun but my favorite is when we can isolate ourselves during them and just hang out and have a good time. When everyone is together there is never a dull moment. We were all laughing and making small talk and surprisingly I was having a good time. Surprisingly because I haven't cracked a smile in the past week, but that's besides the point.

"I can't believe they kicked you out." Johnson says laughing from the story Jack G was telling.

"It is what it is." G laughs back. "So changing the subject. Nate when are we going to meet that girl you've been sneaking around the past few days?" And just like that my good time comes to an abrupt end. I stare at Nate but he refuses to look at me.

"Uh ya soon enough." He response rather quickly. "Hey you guys watch the game last night?"

"So close bro, I was starting to get nervous." Sam says getting into the fresh new convo.

"I think I need a drink." I said getting up. I cant believe Nate has a new girl already. I cant help but feel hurt and angry and betrayed almost. I couldn't be anywhere near him right now or else I feel like I would explode.

"I thought you said you weren't drinking tonight?" Sammy says, concerned filled his eyes.

"Things change." I said walking off to the house. I wasn't sure that I was exactly going to get a drink I mainly wanted to leave. As I entered the house there was still a decent amount of people dancing and drinking. The music was especially loud, but not loud enough because I heard someone calling after me.

"Mads."

"Mad."

"Maddy..C'mon." And with that he tugged my arm and spun me around.

"What do you want Nate?"

"Where are you going?" He asked.

"Back to the house. I'm tired and I don't feel like being here." There was a lot of attitude in my voice but at this point I didn't care.

"I'll go with you." Determined to come with me I pushed Nate aside.

"I'm good." I said walking past him bumping shoulders.

"Are you mad at me?" He asked managing to get in front of me stopping me from going anywhere.

"Why would I be mad?" Sarcasm filled my voice.

"The girl?" Nate hesitated.

"I have no reason to be mad, we aren't together remember? I'm doing my thing and you are doing yours apparently. You made that pretty clear last week." I lied. I was mad. "It's just funny that we ended things because you couldn't bare the secret but looks like you are in the same situation. Sneaking her around so the guys wont know."

"It's not like that. It just sort of happened." He said staring down at his shoes.

"What's her name?" I asked out of curiosity or jealously either way I wanted to know.

"WHAT?" Nate's eyes shot right up. He looked taken back by my question.

"I just want to know her name."

"Mads." I saw hurt in his eyes but I wasn't sure if it was because he was hurt or if it was because he was about to hurt me. I just nodded. I was starting to second guess myself, maybe I don't actually want to know but it was too late.

"Rina." There it was.

"Sabrina? As in my best friend of 16 years? The one who completely betrayed me? And you? You do remember she was the reason all you guys got arrested last year?"  I have never been so heated before in my life. I took one look at Nate and he just scratched the back of his head. I booked it out of the house. I was actually disgusted with Nate right now and didn't care for a response from him.

Nates POV

"What the hell was that about?" Sammy said approaching from behind catching me completely off guard.

"Huh? Uh nothing she just wanted to leave."

"What's going on between you two? You guys have been acting so weird the past couple weeks." Sam asked. As much as I wanted to tell him it wasn't my place to tell. Even though we aren't together anymore I wasn't about to put Mads on blast like that.

"Talk to your sister." I managed to blurt out. And with that I left.