Chapter 16

Nate's POV

When we got to the hospital we weren't able to see Mads right away. It turns out that she was in a really bad car accident and they had to take her into emergency surgery. That's all the information they would give us so now all we can do is wait. Which we have been doing for 2 hours now. I decided to take my mind off of things and go get some drinks for us. When I returned I saw Sammy sitting in one of the chairs with his head in his hands.

"Here man." I said handing him the bottle of water. He looked up and grabbed the bottle. We sat in complete silence for what felt like forever.

"It's my fault." Sammy eventually breathed out.

"Bro." I sighed. Why would he think this is his fault. He had noting to do with the car crash.

"I shouldn't be sending her home. She should be staying with us." He said shaking his head.

"This isn't your fault man."

"What's taking so long?" He asked changing the subject.

"Guys!" Johnson called us over. Him and Jack were standing there with a doctor.

"Her surgery was a success and she is going to be fine. She will have to stay a few nights though until all her test are cleared but other than that you can go see her now." The doctor said with a smile that quickly changed to a straight face. I gave Sammy a look and he mimicked my expression.

"What else?" Sammy asked trying to stay calm.

The doctor took a deep breath before responding. "The baby however." She paused. "We did everything we could.  

**

It's been a few hours since we were told we could see Mads. She hasn't woken up yet but the doctor said it wasn't anything to really worry about. Jack and Jack had to head to a meeting then they are coming back after. Sam hasn't left Mads bedside and I have been sitting in the chair in her room ever since.

"Sam why don't you go home and shower and sleep for a little or something. I can stay with her." I said to Sammy, he looked exhausted.

"I don't know man."

"I'll call you as soon as she is up I promise."

"As soon as she's up." He reassured me as he got up and left the room.

"Hey beautiful don't you think you have slept enough." I whispered to Mads, she laid there looking so peaceful. Of course she had major cuts on her face, six stitches under her eyebrow, a broken leg and bruised rips but she still looked beautiful to me. I brushed a piece of her hair behind her ear and kissed her forehead. "C'mon baby." I sighed grabbing onto her hand. It's been an hour since Sam headed out and I was starting to doze off in the chair next to Mads. As soon as I was about to fall asleep I heard a faint noise making me pop right up.

"Nate?." Mads whisper.

"Hi baby." I said kissing her forehead. She tried to get up but immediately winced at the pain. "Lay down babe, try not to move as much."

"What happened?" She choked out. It hurt me to see her in so much pain.

"You were in a car accident. You're gonna be okay, I'll get you out of here soon enough." I said. "I should probably call your brother."

"Nate.." She called out for me before I left to call Sam.

"Ya baby?"

"The baby?" She sighed. I couldn't find the right words to tell her so I shook my head, letting her know the baby didn't make it. Her eyes immediately filled with tears and nodded understanding what I meant.