Chapter 23

6 months later Nyla pov

It's been awhile since everything went down and I guess that I'm in a better space than before. I've been single and to myself for the past six months and I like it. I ain't looking for nobody and don't plan on it for awhile either. I been just finished therapy a week ago to help deal with Jerome's death and all, it works. My album is basically one of the top five best albums in the world so u know I'm getting that money and also from finishing my world tour last month. It was 500 cities all around the world so you know I had to do it big. My baby girl is 9 months old today since its April 1st and she's just one of the happiest babies I know. She said her first word while I was on stage and just so happen to have her with me and she said DADDY. It was so cute and everything it brought a tear to my eye. Even though I'm still working on her to walk everything else is good. August been coming around more to check on me and it gets annoying. Especially with him living across the street he could be here in less than 2 minutes. As a matter of fact he said he was tagging along to my interview today. I'm in New Jersey and I have an interview with Wendy Williams and all so I just wonder what she's going to ask me. I got out of my bed and went to the shower since Brit was still sleep. After 20 minutes I got out and dried off. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked into our hotel room. I got out bra and panty and put that on. I decided on wearing white leather joggers, a white fitted crop top and pearl white red bottoms. I added an white gold ankle bracelet and white diamond earrings. My nails was painted nude so I decided to wear that color lip gloss and light eyeshadow. I straightened my hair and put it in a nice and tight braided bun. "Mawa." I heard Britt whine behind me so I went to her. The only words she can say is mama and daddy so I just go to her when either one is called. I picked her up and brought her to the kitchen and got her a bottle with apple juice and got some gerber cans to see what she would want. Now it's not that young baby gerber it's the one for the soon to be 1 year olds and toddlers. "What do you want apples or bananas and strawberries?" I said holding the two cans to her. She just stared at me so I choose apples. I took out a small spoon and started feeding it to her. There was a knock at the door so I put it down and went to get it. I seen August threw the peephole, I rolled my eyes and opened the door. He came in and closed the door behind him. I walked back to the kitchen and seen Brittney drinking her bootle. "I guess you don't want anymore apples." I said closing the container and putting it back in the fridge and the spoon in the sink. "Wasssup little mama." August cooed to Brittney playing with her and she was giggling. I turned and watched them, it was cute. "Stop staring at a nigga." August said sitting down. "Stop cursing." I said. "You look good." He said looking me up and down. "Thanks, I'll be back. Do what you want like you normally do." I picked up Brittney and took her to our room. I washed her up and then put lotion on her and a diaper. I dressed her in some baby white joggers, a black shirt with her name in white letters and her retro 11 Concords. "Yup baby girl got swag." I said laughing at her. I put on her little gold chain bracelet. I got my purse and put her in her car seat. I got her mini baby bag and added a few bottles for her. August said he would watch her backstage so i wouldn't have to fly her babysitter in. I walked out the room and sat her car seat down on the floor while I filled a few bottles. "Damn, lil mama know how to dress just like uncle August." I looked back and straight faced him. "You know it's true." I rolled my eyes at him and continued doing what I was doing. I was done and we got in the rental and drove to the shows station. I got to my dressing room and took Brittney out of her car seat while August used the bathroom. I let her sit on the floor and play with a toy on her baby mat. "Nyla, you have 5 mins." Someone said from the door and I nodded. "We really came late didn't we?" August asked coming out of the bathroom. "I said that when I texted you dummy but Imma bout to just go out there so take care of my child." He fanned me off as I walked out. I got to my seat on the opposite side of Wendy as she introduced me. I waved to the audience and gave her a side hug before I sat down. "How's it going Nyla, how are you?" She asked. "I'm good what about you?" She sucked her teeth. "Girl I'm fine so let's get with these questions. How's the baby?" I smiled. "My baby Brittney, oh my god she's amazing. She looks more like her dad everyday and she's such a happy baby. She just made 9 months today." She nodded. "Well I seen some pictures and let me tell you, you and that husband of yours must have been having some real good stuff cause that child is beautiful." "Thanks, we tried." I said slightly laughing. "Oh and sorry for your lost." I shook my head. "No it's fine." She nodded. "So your tour was a big hit, all your shows was sold out and all. How you feel about that?" "Um I love all my fans cause without them I wouldn't be able to make any of it happen so I'm thankful for them all and love yall." I said and the crowd clapped and they did they little yelling. "So it is rumored that you and August Alsina is having a little fling and it's been going on for a while even while your husband was alive. Have any comments?" I lifted a brow. "Well all those rumors are false, at the moment I'm single. And me and August have always been like brother and sister towards each other. When my husband was alive me and August never had a little fling or whatever and still don't have one now." She nodded. "Will there ever be anything between the two of you?" I shrugged. "I have no clue, that's just how I'm gonna answer it." She laughed. "Okay so your single?" I nodded. "Most definitely." "You looking for anyone?" "Um not really." "Well men all of yall out there, Nyla is single as ever so come and hit her up if you got her number and try and get a date or two with her." She said and I laughed. "Yah that's only if I say yes." We talked for a little more and stuff then I was finished and went to my dressing room. "You should try something with somebody." August said the second I came in the door. "Yah I will sooner or later but let's go I'm hungry." I picked Brittney up and out away her stuff. "Well go to your room and I'll cook." August said helping me. We walked out and got to the rental just in time cause then a whole swarm of paparazzi came. The driver started drive and I played with Brittney but she kept on reaching for August.