Chapter 16

3 years later Nyla pov

My life has drastically changed in the past 3 years. when I got to New York me and Jerome continued our relationship and it grew stronger, we moved in together and still live together. on my 21st birthday last year he proposed to me and I surely did say yes😍. We plan on getting married on June 25, which is in exactly 4 months. I really miss my friends and family. we all keep in contact and try to visit one and other but with my career schedule, I barely have time. I have blown up in my career in the 3 years, im up there with the big names( JAY-Z, BEYONCÉ, NICKI MINAJ, TREY SONGZ) and other ones like that, August has too. as for me and him, after me leaving atl, we have not seen each other and barely kept in contact. we only contact or talk to each other on our birthday, and we send it in text so I haven't really heard his voice. even when we are at awards show I barely see him, one year at the BET awards we were supposed to sit beside each other but that year I was sick so I couldn't go. he's invited to me and Jerome's wedding cause I sent him the invitation and he texted me saying he was coming. I really do miss my brother, but I guess it was meant to be this way. right now I was making breakfast for me and Jerome, all this week I was going to be home then back on the road. Jerome he is a celebrity lawyer and is very great at what he does. he has 1 year and a half left of law school but he's still a lawyer just not with a masters degree yet. "Yo Jerome wake yo ass up!" I yelled from the kitchen. I heard foot steps then he came in the kitchen, he kissed me and sat down. "is this how I'm gonna get woken up every morning cuz if so I reconsider putting that ring on ur finger." he joked and I laughed. "no nigga, I only did that cuz we have things to do today." "and what is that since I didn't get the memo?" "I have a meeting today, talking about my next shows and then me and u are gonna do things together." he smirked. "sounds nice, anything specific u had in mind?" He said with that same smirk. "actually I did but u can figure it out later." he nodded. I cut of the stove and made the plates. I had cooked eggs, bacon, grits, sausage and pancakes. I sat the plates in front of us and started eating. after a while I realized he wasn't eating and was staring at me. "What?" He smiled. "I can't believe that very soon I'm going to be waking up to the most beautiful person in the world and be able to call her mines truely, by law and everything." he laughed after he said that. "I love u Nyla." "I love u too Jerome." after a few months of dating Jerome, I slowly started to fall in love with him. I never really told him about my true life story until about a few months ago in October cause he caught me crying in the bathroom, that day would have been my fathers 40th birthday, he doesn't know exactly everything but he does know that my sister is Chandra and some of my siblings died but he doesn't know about my parents yet, and he knows I haven told him everything but he said he'll wait till I'm ready. I smiled and continued eating. I finished and washed our dishes then went in the shower. I took a 30 min shower then got out. I wrapped the towel around my body and walked into our room. I seen Jerome sitting on the bed watching tv. he started licking his lips and staring at me. other than August, Jerome was the only other person I have ever had sex with. "Nyla come over here." he said and I did. he pulled me into him and started kissing me. he kissed my neck and I dropped my towel. he pulled me on the bed and climbed on top and we went to work on each other. he smiled once we were done. "ok babe, lets get back in the shower together before ur late to ur meeting." I nodded and went in the bathroom and started the shower. we both got in and washed each other. I got out and dried off, loitioned my body and put on my black lace Victoria secret panty and bra set. I put on a white tank top, white joggers and my Jordan spizike's. it's febuary and cold as hell in New York so I know I'm going to have to put on one of my real big coats, maybe today I'll wear my mink coat that I bought the other day. I went to the kitchen and I poured me some juice. Jerome came out wearing a blue Versace sweater, black pants and some black Air Force ones. he walked over and kissed me then smacked my ass. "come on Nyla." "I'm going to get my coat then I'll be out there." I got my mink coat and went outside. some chick was near my Range Rover talking to Jerome and he looked like he wanted to punch her dead in the face. I walked over there and cleared my throat. "hey." she looked me up and down. "hi." she said dryly. "you are?" She smirked. "Simone, why it matter?" "Cuz u talking to my fiancé, that's why it matter." she smiled. "well it's nice to meet u, since all mr. Jerome does is talk about u." I smiled at him. "trust me he does it all the time and sometimes it's annoying but whatever. Jerome don't forget what I said and yall have a nice day." she said then walked. I got in the car and sat in the passenger seat, he got in the drivers seat and started the car. "who is she to u?" I asked, he sighed. "I'm forced to work with her and we have a case in about 2 weeks and she's the other persons lawyer. I'm supposed to give her some information about the case but I haven't had the time to. she's hella annoying so I be dodging her so that she don't start a whole conversation with me." I nodded as he backed out and drove down the road. We got to the label building and went inside. I got to the door and we both went in, he pulled my seat out and I sat down and he sat down beside me. "alright yall ready to discuss this stuff?" Mr. jones the tour guide asked, I nodded. "Ok so basically u have 10 shows up next week, one Brooklyn, 3 in Los Angeles, 2 in Vegas and 4 in Atlanta." I nodded. "ok, on the phone the other day u said the ones in Atlanta will be with somebody." he nodded. "who?" He flipped threw his book. "oh nobody new to you, its ur brother August Alsina." I nodded then sighed. "are u sure?" He nodded. "yup, he was the first one to know and he asked me to call him once I told u." I nodded. "why don't u sound happy, something happened between yall?" I shook my head. "no we just haven't seen or spoken to each other in 3 years that's all." he nodded. "damn, that's sad but he actually wanted u to do it with him. he suggested it and wanted u to be in it so yah." I nodded. "alright that's cool, I guess it is best time to meet after a while. so I'm guess that week is cut short?" He nodded. "yah actually it is, we leaving tonight." I sighed. "alright, well let me go so I can get to packing." "alright, the tour bus will be over at your place tonight at 11pm." I nodded and got up and walked out. "Damn, I'm sorry Jerome I ain't know. maybe when I get back we can have that special time we wanted." he nodded. "nah u good bae, I might come with u to the first few shows but I know most definitely I won't be able to go to Vegas and Atlanta we have meetings with the judge those days." I smiled and got in the car. then I got a text from a unknown number.