O N E | I Hate Changes

{Pic of Skylar. Edited.}

Song: Uncover

Artist(s): Zara Larsson

Writing is the painting of the voice.

__________✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘__________

Jab...

Jab...

Uppercut...

Sucker punch...

Down goes another. What I don't understand is, why men think I'm an easy target. I've been fighting for a while now, and till date I've never lost a single fight. Just because I'm a girl, I'm considered a weakling. They soon end up realising how wrong they were.

My name's Skylar Reed. Yet, I'm not known by that name. I'm known as UD. Undefeated. I've never really wanted anyone to know about my street fighting hobby. That was just something for me and me only.

My opponent was quite a bulky guy, with tattoo's littering his arm. I didn't pay attention to their looks because at the end, I've most likely ruined their pretty little faces. I looked down at the guy once more, before turning on my heels. I headed out of the circle in search of my manager.

"Well done kiddo. Another fight. Another win" Jake said slapping my back. He smiled at me wrapping his arm around my shoulder. Jake was a single, middle aged man, living life to the fullest.

He's is the only reason I am, where I am today. He taught me everything I know and I owe him big time. But most of all he's like a father to me. He's the guy who gave me shelter. He's the guy who gave me food. He's the guy who helped me when no one else did. And he's the guy who never gave up on me.

"Sky. . .You okay?" Jake asked jabbing my ribs with his elbow, snapping me out of my thoughts. I stepped in front of him, facing him but still continued our walk.

"Yeah, Jake, it's just that. . . I'm leaving tomorrow morning, but. . . Jake come with me!" I begged staring at him. His face fell.

I should probably explain. My mom's dead and I couldn't give two flying fucks about where my 'father' is. I also have a brother who moved out after he turned 18. I tried finding out where he went, but it was all useless. Since mom's death Jake took me in and has practically raised me. I have no idea how but Jake found out where my brother lives and wants to send me over to live with him. What he doesn't understand is that I don't want to leave him. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother more then my very own life, but I also love Jake, and I can't leave him just for my own selfish reasons.

"You know I can't Sky, I can't leave my life like thi-"

"Well neither can I, this is also my life Jake. Why can't you understand that? I have lived with you since I was ten, now I'm eighteen. Eight years Jake. Eight bloody years! And now all of a sudden you decide I should be sent away?" I cut him off stopping in front of his house, my voice raising slightly. Jake walks past me searching his pockets for the house keys. He finds the house keys and opens the front door switching on the lights. I follow Jake inside and wait in the living room for him.

Me and Jake lived alone in this house. That's another reason I don't want to leave. Jake will be left completely alone. Of course he has friends but he'll be left alone in this house. Jake walked back in and sat on the couch opposite me.

"Sky you need to understand. You have a brother who loves you more then anything, when he finds out that I kept you away from him even though I knew where he was, he'll hate my guts. And I don't want that Sky." he stood up from where he was and knelt down in front of my squeezing my knees.

"I love you Sky, and you know that right?" He asked with a small smile playing on his lips.

"Of course I do Jake, You're everything I have, which is why I don't want to-"

"That's enough!" Jake cuts my sentence off. He stood up and headed for the door, before turning around and looking at me.

"You're leaving Sky and that's final."

"But-"

"Good night Sky" with that he leaves, heading upstairs towards his room.

"Goodnight Jake" I replied to no one in particular.

__________✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘✘__________ 

{A/N: So Guys! How did you like it? This is my first book on Wattpad, so my writing technique may not be fantastic but I am trying. 

Vote.

Comment.

Share.

Lots of Love - Me}