Spiraling Inside Pandora's Box

Batchi's

Youare my sunshine, my only sunshine

Youmake me happy when skies are grey

Younever know, dear, how much I love you

Pleasedon't take my sunshine away

Theother night, dear, as I lay sleeping

Idreamt I held you in my arms

WhenI awoke, dear, I was mistaken

SoI hung my head, and I cried

Therewas once a song by Copeland called You are My Sunshine and lastnight's confrontation scene with Jade, Alex and the other womanreminded me of that song.

Amongour tight circle of friends Jade is our little sunshine. Her moodaffects the littlest of our plans mainly because she's our baby.Not only she's the youngest but she's like glue that keeps usintact.

Notthat we'll fall apart without her constant checking and calling,but she's the constant reminder that we have our circle of friends,friends that are for keeps.

Thisis why I treat her more like a younger sister so hearing and seeingher lose herself in the most painful way just suffocates me.

Afterthe incident I brought her to some pub and let her drink and cussabout everything that's happened between them. I didn't have toforce her to tell me because it's overflowing like a full cup oftea, it spills.

Andslowly while watching her, I understood where all her love was coming from. Itenlightened me that this kind of force really is inevitable andunstoppable. I start believing that no matter how much she'shurting right now she can't get totally mad at Alex which of coursehas got me frustrated.

Jadehas never been a believer of destiny or soul mates, she told me oncethat they're just some made up beliefs of the immature people tosave themselves from the hassle of building bridges to the peoplethey like or love; that there's no such thing as going with theflow. But that changed, and just after a few weeks with Alex, she'snow reasoning out with me about how she thought Alex is the one, orhow this person is her soul mate.

Whenshe was all drained, tired and wasted I took her home, I stayed for alittle while making sure she won't wake up until morning.

Twodays after I took her home Jade called me early in the morning allpanicky and wanting me to drop by her place as fast as I can. AlarmedI jumped off the bed and got ready in the shortest time possible, Iwas panting and gasping for air when I reached her doorstep I rangthe doorbell and there she was, bed hair, pajamas and coffee cup athand.

"Jadewhat's wrong? What happened?" I asked still breathless

"These."

Shesaid pointing at the mess of what seems like the ones you see on anFBI agent's table; newspaper cut outs, photographs black and whiteand colored, take out boxes, Starbucks cups and Althea's letters. Iwas confused as I make my way to her living room slash FBI agent'swork place.

"What'sthis about Jade?"

"It'sa series of connect the dots." She said with blank expression

Iwalked to her and held her shoulders with my hands and I shook herliterally

"AwwBatch!"

"Whatare you trying to say? Where'd you get all of this?" I asked hertrying to chase the movement of her avoiding eyes

"Areyou thinking what I'm thinking right now? Because if you are Jadeplease tell me what for?" I pleaded

"Iwas just thinking maybe Althea... and Alex..."