Chapter 5 - Scars

We went to the school I was transferring to, which is Yokosumi High School. My mom probably transferred me here because of the smart students and the excellent reputation of this school.

As I stepped into the school, I can already see girls rolling their eyes at me. Some are even whispering about me.

Oh, did I tell you? I have the ability to hear very well too.

Student: Look at her. She's going to be the new transferred student in our school.

Student: Ehh , I guess she is good looking.

Student: Someone even said that she is an excellent student in academics. Not only that she's hot, she's smart too!

Sigh. This is not going to end well.

After I was transferred in this school, we decided to go home.

But something caught my eye.

I saw a man with white hair, leaning against the tree trunk, wind blowing through his hair.

Okay, this is weird. He is LITERALLY everywhere.

"Hey, mom.. Can you go home without me?"

"Do you know the way home?"

"Duh."

Nope. Not really.

"I'm just going to check out the streets, that's all." I convinced her.

"Be back before 10, alright?"

"Okay."

With that being said, she got into the taxi and went home, leaving me.

I tilted my head towards the direction where the white-haired man was, but he was GONE.

Am I seeing ghosts?

I wandered and wandered along the streets until it was almost nighttime.

*Grumbling*
What's that?

*Grumbling*
Oh, stomach. Okay.

Time for food.

I remembered the directions to go to the café I went this morning, so I decided to have my dinner there.

I stepped into the café, only to realize that the suspicious man was not here.

That was kind of sad.

I finished my food in a hurry to go back before 10, as I promised with my mom.

My house was just along the dark alleyway, so it's kind of creepy to go here at night.

As I walked in the alley, I heard rustling noises from behind.

Oh shit. Damned mouth.

I turn my head but I found no one. As I walked, the noise became louder.

Just then, I felt a presence behind me.

I could even feel it's breath falling unto my neck.

I narrowed my eyes and all that I could see was a bright red eye..

Just like mine.. in my dream?

But why are only one of them that's glowing?

F*ck it.

I could feel the temperature rising. I held my breath as the 'thing' sniffed on me.

"I'm hungry.."

That voice..
That tone..

I widened my eyes in shock. Although I was terrified, I gathered my strength and ran away.

I ran, and I ran. Surprisingly, that man wasn't following me.

I arrived at my house.

"Goodness, Sainara! What happened to you?!

I panted, but I finally spoke up.

"Wh-what?"

"Your arms, your legs. Why are there scratches?" She said.

Scratches?

I look down to my legs and there scratches everywhere, even my arms. The cuts weren't deep though.

"Oh, this.. U-um.. a cat attacked me and it scratched me this horribly." I said.

"I don't believe you."

"Just.. just let me go upstairs okay Mom?" I said with an annoyed tone.

I went upstairs and sat on my bed while observing the cuts I have on my arms and legs.

When did this happen.?

There's no way that the scary man would harm me right..?

I mean, like, it would be too fast.

Sigh.

I was still scared about what happened earlier. I was indeed TRAUMATIZED.

I went to the bathroom to wash the scratches that were made.

As I wash them, they're slowly fading.

Gone..?

They're.. gone?!

The same thing happened to the cuts on my legs.

What the hell.?

I wanted to ask my Mom, but I should probably go to sleep since I'm already starting school by tomorrow.

Ugh. School.

New friends.
Ugh.
-------------
okay that was super short. 668 words, ew. i'm gonna be updating slower since i have an exam so yeap.

let's reach 100 reads  ~(•-•)~
thanks for reading 💞