Chapter 3 - Goodbye

The whole day was filled with laughter, fun and talking. It is true that this is the best school day ever.

SCHOOL WAS NEVER FUN.

Then the ball rang. It was time to go home.
The time to say goodbye.

Sigh.

"I guess this is it, huh?" Akimi brought up the topic.

"Hey, don't be sad. I'm sure we will meet again in the future." I said.

"Yeah, of course. Make sure you make contact with us though!" Saiyara said.

Wait..

Does this means..

I won't meet the white-haired student anymore?

Oh well. maybe it's just another lame 'crush' anyways.

We're not fated I guess.

Psh.

"Hello?? Sainara!! Earth to Sainara!"

"Oh, yes, yes. Um, yes?" I said confusedly.

"Well.. I guess this is a goodbye then?" Saiyara said.

"Yep. I'll miss you guys. Thank you for all the great moments in my life!" I thanked them.

After a group hug and all those cliché moments bestfriends probably have, we decided to part our ways.

Since me and Saiyara's house are at the same street, we walked together.

"Say.. Saiyara-san. What happened to your paren-"

"I'd rather not talk about it." She cut me off.

Oh snap.
Why did I became so intelligent and brought up that topic?

"O-okay.. sorry.." I slowly said.

The rest of the walk was filled with silence.
It was awkward.

When she arrived at her house, I waved and said a goodbye to her.

But then she glared at me.

Was the question that rude?
I guess it is though.

Or did I do something wrong?

Sigh.

I went straight home after that, changed, and packed my things to move in to the new house.

I still felt bad about what happened just now though.

"Sainara, come out already, we're gonna be late!" mom shouted.

"Yes, yes okay. Jeez."

We hopped in to the taxi and we were on the way to the new house on 23rd Ward.

We drove past Saiyara's house.

Ugh.

After a few minutes, I drove myself to sleep.

-----DREAM-----
I was at a party. Saiyara-san invited me and forced me to go with her since Akimi-san isn't free today.

The hallways were lit up by crystal chandeliers, the ballroom was decorated with unique wall structures and a huge crystal chandelier hung in the middle of the room.

CCG members also filled the room. And there, I can see my parents talking to Saiyara's parents.

Me and Saiyara were standing together, watching all the dance during the occasion.

"Sayaira-san! Where are you going? Don't leave me alone! I don't know anybody here!" I said to her, to stop her from leaving me all alone.

"I'll be back. I'm just going to greet the guests and chit-chat for a moment. You'll be fine!" she replied back.

I was okay for a few minutes after she left, but then, an enormous hunger slipped in.

It was unbearable. It was hurting me terribly.

I ran into the toilet and slammed myself against the wall, holding my stomach. Luckily, the toilet was empty.

All of a sudden, I could feel one of my pupils change. And then another one. And then one of them changed back to normal.

It went on and on for what seemed like, forever. I had no idea what was going on with me.

I looked into the mirror, and I was terrified of myself.

My right eye changed. The pupil turned red and my sclera turned black.

And my left eye, my pupil turned into a really light shimmering green color. It was shining as if it is a kind of gem or something. My sclera was still white.

I wanted to scream as I felt a terrible pain on my back but I bit my lip to not let the screams come out.

I heard a man and a woman outside of the door, and i was terrified.

What if they see me like this?

Am I going to get killed?

What am I?
.
.
But maybe they can help me.

I opened the door and I looked at them miserably. I fell on my knees, losing my conscious slowly and slowly.

Then I realized,

I unleashed something from my back.
There was a mirror behind them, so I could see myself

But barely.

I unleashed some weird thing. There were a pair of somewhat looks like a wing shaped like a leaf , colored in black and red.

The leafy wings' structure looked very sharp, it's like how a leaf on a rose would look like.

When I thought this pain was going to stop, I was wrong.

A swirl of the leaf-like thing swirled around my arms and there was tiny little red leaves on it.

All these weird things were glowing.

Then, I just realized I am only half-conscious. I know what I did, but I couldn't have  the control over my body.

I stood up, looking at them.

Their eyes were wide in shock, and they were trembling like a leaf.

Their faces looks familiar.. but who?
----------
omg there goes another stupid chapter. i really don't know how to describe the kagune, really. i'm sorry 😣.
well basically, it's like a leaf kagune, but y'know, red and black. and then there goes the swirl that came from the wings that covered the arms.

^^^^^
*still doesn't know how to explain*

oh well.
🌚