Chapter Thirteen

I woke up blinded and gagged with my hands bound, which let me tell you, is not a pleasant way to start the day. Someone was carrying me rather roughly, and when they finally put me down, I crashed into painfully sharp rocks. I could hear the trickling of water. A stream?

Whoever had been carrying me hunched over me and quickly worked to undo my gag (although they didn't bother taking my blind away or unbinding my hands). As soon as the gag was removed, I started giving whomever I was addressing a piece of my brilliant mind.

"Who are you? Where am I? What time is it? Do you have food? I'm hungry. Food!"

Someone sighed, and I clenched my fists in anger. "I told you we should have kept him gagged." It was the mysterious Specialist, Lady Stacy.

Antias laughed - he had been the one who was carrying me and undoing my gag. "I like him feisty," he replied, touching my cheek. "It's cute."

I whirled my face around, trying to bite him and failing. "Fuck off," I growled, kicking out. "And answer me. Where am I? Are we on the Surface? We must be, I can feel the sun, and I know I'm sitting on dirt and rocks and I hear water... Wait, no, food. I want food."

"Ugh, shut him up, Antias," Stacy requested. "Give him a candy bar or something."

"I didn't bring any food, my Lady," the Demon Lord replied. "Why don't you go get some? I'm sure there's a town nearby. We're in a forest," he added, presumably to me. "But we aren't telling you where, just in case you want to talk to King Morpheus again."

I didn't really pay attention to the last part. All I gathered was that if Stacy left, I'd be alone with Antias, which was definitely not on my list of Top Ten Fun Activities. "I'm not hungry anymore," I said quickly. "Stacy doesn't have to leave."

"Lady Stacy," the demoness corrected coldly.

"Right, Lady Stacy. She should stay."

I heard Antias chuckle quietly. "What's wrong, my little dragonfly? Don't you like me?"

I stopped my kicking and glared in the direction of his voice. "Dragonfly?" I echoed with reluctant curiosity.

"Yes, that's your name, right? Libélula? It means dragonfly in Spanish, does it not?"

That shut me up for a while. What the Hell was I supposed to make of that? "My name is Jesse," I finally said venomously. "Don't call me anything else."

"Honestly, why is this human so important?" Stacy exclaimed. "He has no respect for authority, is constantly running his mouth... he's more trouble than he's worth."

"Well I'm sorry," I seethed. "Maybe I'd be a tad bit more respectful if I hadn't been kidnapped!" I kicked out in frustration and this time my foot connected with something. I heard Antias grunt in pain and I was filled with satisfaction.

"If you find him so irritating, my Lady, perhaps you go get him some food," Antias suggested. "Maybe then you'll get the break you need. And don't worry; he'll give up after a few days."

Stacy sniffed in disgust. "Fine, I'll leave you alone to your sick desires. What you see in him, I'll never know."

Oh Hell no, I wasn't going to let Antias take advantage of me again. "I told you," Antias murmured, touching my cheek again. "I like his spunk."

"Touch me and die," I snarled, but he only laughed quietly.

"Don't tease me, little dragonfly," he purred, but he did pull away.

"I'll be back in an hour or so, Antias," Stacy declared. "Whatever you're going to do, have it done before then. I do not want to walk in on anything."