Chapter 36: Why'd You Do It?!

"Ngh." I murmur, rubbing my eyes. Blinking away the sleep. Smiling at the black haired blur. Before it clears. Smile fading. Heart dropping out of my chest. Arms tighten around me. "N-no."

"Mm?" A sleepy voice manages. I tremble, harshly pulling myself away. Standing up only to fall to my knees. Wincing in pain.

"N-n-no! No! Nn-Mghhh." I cry, a strong hand placed over my mouth muffling my pleas. Red eyes look back at me, saddened. Long strands of black hair falls over his shoulder. He puts a finger to his lips. I nod, staying quiet as he uncovers my mouth. Cupping my face. Planting his lips against mine. Those lips...these soft lips.

"Karim, why?" I ask, jittery.

"I love you, Sye. This was the only way-"

"Stop. You had no right to fuck me looking like Kiopi. What is wrong with you?" I grumble, upset. Gasping for air, panicking. "We created a child! Yo-you...wh-"

"It was the only way for you to look at me. The only way! When Ulin gave me the cure I remembered us as kids. Euphoria rushed through my mind and I remembered you. My first love." Karim says, smiling brokenly at my lips. I gape.

"You speak of my mom Karim. My mom Elise grew up with you. I'm not Elise. Karim, can you not see?" I scold him. Karim brushes my lips with his thumb, gulping.

"Then I have fallen for none other than you, Sye." Karim says, in a trancelike state. Slapping his hand away, I tie my kimono back up shaking looking at Karim tying his black kimono up.

"We created a child. You used me for your own filthy game!" I shout, throwing my fists down. Karim eyes sadden, he reaches out to me.

"No, Sye...I love you." Karim blabs.

"You are disgusting. Why cannot you see the difference? I'm a boy, Elise is a girl!" I scream in tears.

"Elise is the first person I learned to love but Sye...you are the person I know to treasure, to protect... to hold greatly. Sye...I will treasure you until I die. I will be forever by your side. Why can't you accept this?" Karim asks, weakly. I touch my stomach and cry harder.

"You lied to me!" I exclaim, flopping to my knees. Karim gulps, letting out a shaky breathe.

"Sye!!!" Sachi yells, covering me glaring at Karim. Before looking at me, tears dripping down my cheeks. "Are you okay?"

"Karim! I knew it was you. I could see it in your eyes when you drank the cure." Ulin says, proudly.

"You lied." I bellow out in my sobs. Karim nods, saddened.

"After Elise left this world...I lost all of my will to live. Xyrie took full control of me. Even tasking me to kill Titan and his child. Xyrin was only 5 when I struck him down. We had chased him through the forest. After I struck him, there was nothing but pain in my heart as I threw his body off the cliff. I stood there and watched. It hurt me more than any know. I sold my soul to Xyrie so I would no longer feel the guilt." Karim says, lowering his head. I gasp.

[Flashback]

My feet slap against the muddy ground. The mud sucks me deeper with each forceful step. I glance over my shoulder. Torches light up the darkness behind the trees. I shudder. Forcing myself to run faster. Pain erupting in my stomach and lungs. In heavy heaves for air, my vision goes spotty, my heart beats uncontrollably. I pant and pant. Eventually stopping my feet. Rocks fall from the cliff. I gulp down my fear. But it still runs rampant through my veins. Flicking my eyes in the direction of the torches. My vision blurs again. Water rolls down my cheeks. I hug myself tightly.

"Titan, why won't you save me?" I ask, lowering my eyes. Blinking 4 times, silently crying to myself. A pitter patter of heavy steps stop near me. My eyes raise up to the juggernauts. "Please...." I plea.

"I'm sorry, Xyrin. T'is what our orders were." The leader, Karim, answers. His feet falling into the muddy sludge. I wince.

"B-but T-Titan loves me." I beg, my heart aches in pain. Heavy with deceit and churning from defeat. I hug myself tighter.

"T'is what need be done. Sleep tight, Xyrin." Karim says, raising his heavy spiked glass war hammer. I close my eyes. Moments before I feel weightless. Peeking through my lashes, as the world darkens.

[Flashback Ends]

"That dream...Xyrin showed me." I whisper to myself. Sachi helps me to my feet. Titan looks lost.

"I-I...was a father?" He asks, drearily unable to find words. Blinking his eyes profusely. One lonesome tear rolls down his face.

"I'm truly sorry. Believe me when I say that I tried to kill myself many times for that act. That task in itself was a atrocity. It led me to sell my soul to Xyrie. Please, Titan...Xyrin was always under my watch. I'm so sorry." Karim whimpers, covering his face from everyone's eyes.

"We'll send him to kill Xyrie so he can perish with him!" I hiss, angered but still upset. Titan gives me a look, sniffling.

"I will do it." He informs me. I gawk. "Karim, you have yet to be gifted a family. But I...if I perish with Xyrie...then I can meet my precious son. Because all I've ever wanted in this life is to be a father. I could finally be the great father I want to be when I meet Xyrin in the Hereafter." Titan smiles a smile of great happiness and his cloudy eyes shine. "Thank you."

"Sye..." Karim trails off, holding back tears. A weak fragile smile appearing on his face. "I will not lie to you again. Please, I love you."

"You will never get Kiopi back, Sye. For Kiopi was smitten by Xyrie before he was struck by the curse. I'm sorry but Kiopi...our Kiopi already has perished." Ulin says to me. I crumble under pressure. Running away. Peering back to Ulin's sad eyes and Karim dashing after me. Tears in my eyes.

Kiopi, why?

Why did you do it?

Tell me you love me, why?

What's to gain?

________________________

Damn, sorry to get the feels all up in here but yup right in the feels lol. What do you think about all this?

Vote and Comment.