Chapter 35: This Wild Pack Of Ours

"I'm leaving." Vinmir announces, my mouth hits the ground.

"Vinmir." I say, concerned.

"I've been called back by the Divinity pack. I must go." Vinmir informs me, I disagree.

"No, Vinmir we need you here with us. Sachi-"

"Is not coming with me. The pack chooses who I am to be with." Vinmir says, upset ears jumping down. "That doesn't mean I won't come back."

"You're my pup." I mutter, quietly.

"You're my new pack." Vinmir says, cheerily with a forced smile.

"Then don't leave us." I plea.

"I'm sorry. Their howling for me has been driving my wolf crazy. I have to go check. I can't let the Divinity pack fade into dust because I stayed here chasing shadows." Vinmir says, shifting into the huge albino wolf sprinting into the forest in the speed of light.

"Chasing shadows?" I question.

"Sye...we can do this." Kiopi says, pecking my cheek. Lingering close by me. I nod.

"My pup." Hirmeus mumbles, lowering his eyes.

"My pup." Hirmeus mutters, watching the savage Centaur's ripping the poor child apart. "My little brother."

The Katniet pack has been dwindling to only a dozen of wolves ever since the Centaur invasion. Hirmeus, the child of none, suffers alone. Laying upon his younger brothers makeshift bed of bear furs clutching onto the baby's toy, tears going down his face. Cuddling tightly to the toy.

"I'm so sorry, bebe. I'm so sorry."

Hirmeus came to hate the Centaur's and with that hate drove the Centaur's back into their homeland of Shimmermist Isles. Cursing them that if they'd ever return to Wysteria; then all Centaur's shall be erased from the planet. The power granted by Yumina burned his beastly knotted brown werewolf fur into fur made of black darkness and eyes red with hatred. Forever Hirmeus himself will be cursed with unlove. A curse that will end the moment he passes away. A curse that will show the people around him that Hirmeus could never come to love because so much hatred and rage swarmed through his veins.

Hatred is Hirmeus' downfall.

"What a pathetic God." Yumina comments, tossing Hirmeus from her palms onto the dirt in the Gods land. "Why you were chosen? I can't possibly fathom."

"Lady Yumina." Hirmeus cries, tears staining his bruised cheeks.

"T'was not my choice to make. T'was all the pleas for life by your wolves and pups, that chose. But I begin to see a unpleasant mistake." Yumina says, disgusted.

"Yumina...if I am not fit to be a God then take away the power. Take it!" Hirmeus demands, raising his arms out to her. Yumina cussing under her breathe, crossing her arms.

"No. I will not take it back. T'was rather well used, after all. A little too atrociously though." Yumina mutters, disappointed. Hirmeus stiffens, back slouched as he sits on his knees with his head low, smothering sobs. Lifting his head.

"Take it! Kill me! Give me happiness! Give me back my sweet little brother! Please! Please, Lady Yumina!" Hirmeus topples onto his stomach with his face in the dirt. Sobbing and trembling. Yumina tssks and spins on her heels turning her back to the poor broken beast. Hirmeus raises his head once more, reaching out after her. "My brother....."

"You have much pain." Yumina says, coming to a complete stop. Lowering her saddened eyes. "The death of your brother was not your fault. I...I will take this pain from you, dear pup." Hirmeus eyes widen. "For a price."