Chapter 24: In The Wake Of Disaster...

Kiopi's POV.

"Master Kiopi, we've done it." One of the new recruits informs me. I brush them off.

"Show me." I command, my thoughts elsewhere.

The young boy nods and leads me into the tomb. I grimace, the smell of death is foul but the lives lost were much needed to help us progress further in this cursed place. My eyes travel to the end of the hall, heavy footsteps and sobbing dances to my ears. A young boy with light baby blue hair and brilliant eyes meets mine, his eyes clouded. I stop abruptly. Letting them come down the hall. The big metal warrior's armour clangs against each other as he glares forward. I bow.

"Hello, Xyrie." I greet, the juggernaut leader Karim watches as Xyrie's head bounces up and down. The young boy that guided me here moves aside. I glare at him, smirking.

"Di-did I do something wrong sir?"

"Mm, follow me." I command, grabbing his arm. Focusing my fire power in the palm of my hand. The young Elven boy grits his teeth. The smell of burning flesh begins its course in the dimly lit hallway.

"S-sir!" The Elven boy screeches, struggling to get out of my death grip on his forearm. "Please!"

"Xyrie....I have loved you since you called me in my dreams as a child. You must remember me." I plea, letting my fire melt the boys skin. The elf screams. While others watch from the tomb entrance.

"You are...Dandi's son?" Xyrie asks, wearily, rubbing his eyes cutely. I nod, quickly.

"Yes, my love! I am Dandi's son!"

"Kio....Kiopi, your name is." Xyrie adds, blinking those beautiful orbs.

"Yes, my sweet!" I shout, hysterical. The young elf in my grip begins to bleed from his eyes. Sobbing as I cook him inside out.

"Please." The elf begs. I scowl, tossing him away. The boy slamming into the bench. The skeletons looking down at him, laughing. Their jaws hopping up and down. No sound comes out.

"Leave before I finish cooking you, stubborn elf!" I raise my voice, piercing the ears of my army. The boy whines quietly on the ground.

"Master Kiopi what are you-"

"Behold, my army, Titan's first love Xyrie!" I announce, Xyrie's eyes look upon them, emerging from the tomb door. Eyes widen. Then darken to full on black. Xyrie grins.

Today....I see my biggest mistake.

________________________

Sye's POV.

"What is that?!" Xindachi yells over the wind blowing through our hair and gusting into our ears. My eyes travel where he points, landing upon the Fort. I gasp.

"Red, the Fort!!! It's on fire!!!" I scream, fluttering my wings before diving off Red's back.

Wind pushing violently against my hair as I plummet closer and closer to land. My wings expand and I slow my fall. Before snapping my wings sending me flying faster than ever towards the Fort. Red and the guys lowering. I see Xindachi cheering. Red descends lower and lower landing near the Fort entrance. I gently land on my tip toes. The medicine had worked but Xindachi healed up my broken ankle in a matter of seconds yesterday. Red shifts back to his form racing behind me. I dart to Kiopi's tent once inside the ablaze Fort. My eyes search and search but I see nothing. They've abandoned the Fort?

"Sye!!!" Sachi yells, I cover my head.

A flaming tree falls in front of me, uprooted from the ground. A tree that the Sirens would sit on and hum hymns and melodies. I pant. Dashing for Vinmir. Fire explodes from the tomb door. Flinging me forward into the brick wall. I hiss in pain. Pushing myself up, sprinting to the exit. Red awaits ready to close the huge door. Vinmir grabs my hand, pulling me away. Ajax slams a boulder in front of the Fort door. I pant for fresh air. Hands on my kneecaps.