Chapter 28: Sye, Fighting! (>o<)/

"Awaken mythical Siren." Yumina commands. Vines entangle my hands and weave a cocoon around me.

The darkness turns into a blue sky. The moons waltz in the night. My eyes glow bright. Igniting the darkness I'm dwelling in. My hair grows longer. Wings grow thicker and bigger. My feet are bound by sizzling hot flames. I hiss in pain as the fire eats up my skin. I scream, pleading for help. Yumina hushes me. Taking me further into her arms. The ground parts below me as I fall lower and lower into the earths crust.

"You're one of my pack." Vinmir's voice echoes in the distance. "We are family."

Tears flow up after falling from my face. Beginning to shine like stars. Courage builds up. Black claws retract out of my knuckles, I roar, slamming my claws into the tight earth walls. Stopping my descend abruptly. The wings on my back heavy but giving me further reason to get back up. So I flap my wings. Dust spreads behind me as I fling myself back up. The moons becoming apparent in my eyes once again.

"Siren!" A heavy deep voice exclaims, angry and defiant.

Vines erupting from the hole in the broken ground. Springing up to me. I grit. Flying higher and higher. Speeding up to the night sky. A vine wraps itself around my foot. Starting to tear into my skin.

"I'm going back to save my family!!!" I roar, my voice quaking the earth. The broken earth quaking shut. The vines turning into nothing but sizzling ash. My voice sweeps the grass. Burning everything in its wake.

"You see now." Yumina snarls, suddenly standing beside me. Hovering. Those arms of hers swaying like the tree branches.

"Yes, Yumina." I concede, "I see now what needs to be done."

"The one trying to drag you down, was not me, child. T'was Xyrie, that wretched boy." Yumina hisses.

"Why didn't you stop Titan from creati-"

"Forgive me, t'was not that I wouldn't stop him. T'was to show him the implications that could arise after he'd created Xyrie. After all, he is a god." Yumina retracts, crossing her slender arms. "Now everyday since, he tries to find repentance with me. When he should learn to repent with himself. It is his young mind that is at fault. Not he."

"Yumina," I meet her eyes, "Wake me up now."

"Hmm, tear yourself out. This is the way you will be reborn, child."

With that, Yumina fades into the night. My eyes dart around, tear myself out? How do I do that?

________________________

Sachi's POV.

We should be saving the races, we sit here and yearn for Sye. If I was stronger, I would of fought to keep Sye with us. They made us watch as Sye gave them the fight of their lives, since they awoke, then laughed in our faces as they killed Sye. Ajax was restrained by Red and taken to a room so they could be alone. Vinmir shook beside me, terrified, hurt, and lost.

Now he lays worlds apart from me. I let my eyes wander over his dreaming face. Brushing his hair off his forehead. Swinging my feet to the floor, pushing myself up. Finding myself sliding my hand down the hallway to the courtyard.

"Did you feel it?" Laliia's harsh accent slurs her question.

"I felt it. The Demi's felt it. Yumina has done something." Titan announces. I hide behind a pillar, peeking at them.

"There is no denying it." Sheomès agrees, nodding, "A new God has been found and gifted."

"The new Gods voice is loud. It quaked our land and Labarynth." Hirmeus says, sitting on the bench with Titan. Rubbing his arm.