Into Black Holes and Chaos

Start from the beginning

"Alright. You rest love. Goodnight. I love you."

"Goodnight. Sweetdreams. And I love you too."

Sunday came and it was already around 5 in the afternoon and Alex still hasn't called or texted me. So I just decided to take a shower and prepare because we'll meet at thre resto around 6. After I've taken a shower and got dressed I check my phone for anything.

1 text message received

Alex <3: Hi love, I'm running a bit late, stakeholder's holding me back. I can't make it to dinner but I'll be there on the drinks. All on me. Love you.

My heart sank. It just felt weird for her bailing out on her first date with my friends. So even with a heavy heart I decided to just go by myself. I didn't replied to her message though, I just don't feel like it.

I arrived around 6:30 and they're already there and they cheered when they saw me because there's one rule in every gathering; if you're late you'll treat the whole gang for dinner or drinks so you choose. So tonight I'm choosing dinner since Alex said drinks will be on her later. But before I even had the chance to settle down they already tirraded me with questions

"Hey! Finally! Why are you alone?" – Batchi

"Where's the coolest girl in the world?" – Wila

"Is she really that rich?" – Sally

"Does really drive an Aventador?" – David

"Wow! Nice to meet you too guys, I missed you so much. Really thanks for asking." I sarcastically blurted out

"Sorry Jadey we're just so excited to finally meet her." Sally apologized

"She can't make it to dinner, stakeholder's emergency meeting but she'll be around later." I said bitterly

"Alright then let's eat! I'm hungered." David cheered before standing up and walking to the counter, Wila and Sally on tow.

"Spill it." Batchi turned to me after making sure the others are far from hearing distance

"There's nothing to tell..." I sadly stated

"Where is she I thought she'll make time?"

"I thought so too Batch."

"Maybe she'll be around later, just trust her okay?" she assured me she may have felt my own disappointment, I just smiled.

I tried to enjoy my time with them, they filled my ears with their ventures and misadventures, Wila's 3rd boyfriend of the month turns out to be gay, Sally's being pressured by her parents to settle down and have kids, David's still playing around, now with a British business partner. I laughed at how comedic their way of telling their story are. Because with Alex, everything is more serious, although she has this unique sense of humor most of our conversations are deep and mind boggling. There's a certain complexity inside her head that she's having a hard time explaining so she just turn it into a verse or a poem or a story. But I admire her because of that, because I am never good with words. And right now the only words in mind are. I miss her. More than being disappointed I really miss her presence with me.

It was around 8 when we get into some PUB where a live band plays, we're at the far end and dimly lit part of the place.

"Any updates?" Batchi asked

"Still no reply." I timidly said

It was around 10 when I finally excused myself, I can't hold it in and pretend that everything's fine when it's not. I can hear the loud clacking sound of my heels against the pavement outside the pub I was imperviously dialing her number and alternately texting her but there's no response, no none at all. I am getting more livid by the minute and tears are at the brink when I heard someone behind me.