》Chapter Twenty-Seven.

Start from the beginning

''I know, I know.''

''I'm just glad it wasn't you the one in there..'' she assures me by touching one of my locks, pulling at it tenderly. ''Will Harry be fine? I saw his back!'' She wonders biting her nails, I shake my head and shrug my shoulders.

''I don't know mum. I really hope he will though.'' She nods as a fireman calls for her attention, probably to ask some questions for the report.

Harry appears moments later with his chest covered in white  bandages, his cheeks still stained, his hair a mess of curls pushed back behind his ears.

''He's gonna be fine.'' One of the nurses says, encouraging me with a gentle smile.

''I told her.'' Harry whines rolling his eyes at me, I ditch him focusing on the nurse.

''It was just a first degree burn. Luckily for him, nothing serious. It will heal in a couple of days. Just make sure to keep the dressing clean and sterilized.'' he recommends before disappearing.

''Okay, thank you.'' my mum greets the authorities and escorts them at the door waving goodbye.

''I don't know how to thank you properly for what you did. Seriously, you saved my mother's life and nothing I could ever do will repay this. I owe you.'' I end, not looking directly at him. He spins a bit so that his body is right in front of mine and I suck in my breath as he leans forward.

''Harry..'' I warn but he just brushes his finger over my cheek to clean something. Then he lifts my chin and I feel his silky lips peeking at my own. He gives me a long kiss followed by a quick peck before passing his thumb over my mouth with a grin that makes me want to punch him. He looks like he just won the lottery.

''Now we're even.'' He winks cockily and I puff ready to kick his ass but my mum interrupts us.

''You're spending the night with us Harry, right? I don't have the heart to make you drive in the night, it's also starting to rain pretty bad. Jade can sleep with me.''

He's not gonna accept, he's too proud to do it. He doesn't want anything in return, that's what that kiss meant. Although my mum is right, it's too risky.

''I-''

''Yeah, he's staying.'' I answer for him and my mum raises her thumbs in approval.

Harry directs me a very angry expression and I laugh silently. We eat dinner in a comfortable silence with my mother asking random questions to Harry and mostly flattering herself about how good I am in school. After giving me clean clothes for Harry, she leaves me alone to deal with him saying she's too tired to stay up. I guide Harry to the second floor and into my room. I show him the bathroom and place the change of clothes on the counter.

''If you need anything else..'' I mumble embarrassed and Harry scratches his jaw with his hand.

'' Actually I'd need help with the shower since I can't wet the bandages.'' he casually says and I knit my eyebrows.

'' I am not showering with you, you pervert!'' I clarify and Harry smiles provocatively but doesn't ask me to do it. He simple starts stripping down his clothes still amused. He kicks his jeans to the side and pulls down his boxers without waiting for me to get out. I run towards the door and grab what I need for my shower, ignoring the image of his private part flashing before my eyes. Harry shows up minutes later wearing a towel around his waist and I disappear into the bathroom ignoring the loud giggle that he lets out when he notices I'm blushing heavily. I take a long relaxing shower, washing my hair and try to get rid of the smell of smoke and dust. When I get out though, there's no towel left and I curse, using the curtains to cover my body.

'' Harry?'' I find myself calling, knowing he left me without a thing to cover me up on purpose.     '' When I get out, I'll bloody murder you!'' I threaten stepping out from the bathroom, a second later Harry walks in with a huge smile on his face. I curse and hide behind the jamb.

'' You called me?'' He asks, widening his grin. I close my eyes to control my anger and blindly throw my hands in my closet, finding my tank top. I put it on and grab the panties too.

'' You took the towels on purpose. Where did you hide them?'' Harry doesn't answer me, he crosses his arms around his waist and in a moment, his towel is off.

'' Here, stop complaining.'' I turn around and pretend I haven't seen anything.

'' What the hell!'' I whine exasperate.

'' You asked for a towel. I'm dry anyway.''

'' You...uh!'' I just blurt out and turn around to confront him. '' You have to sto-'' Harry's lips close mine up and I let out the frustration in just one sharp breath.