Chapter Four: You Were A Risk, A Mystery

Start from the beginning

She nods, her long brown curls swaying. "Of course. I will see you later, dear sister." She turns to her brother and places a kiss on his cheek and then one on mine.

Once the other Maximoff twin has left our floor, I turn to Pietro and raise an eyebrow, crossing my arms. He looks at me confused. "What?"

"You know exactly what. Professor Xavier? Why was he here? Why was he at the tower?" Pietro drops his gaze to the floor. "Pietro, don't lie. Don't even think about it."

"I cannot tell you, little warrior," he whispers. "Steve said not to tell you. It is classified on the highest level. No one outside of the people in the room could know. Not even Stark."

"Is it dangerous?"

"Very."

"More dangerous than what I've dealt with this past seven months? More dangerous than HIM, than needing pills for my depression, than losing my best friend in the worst possible way? More dangerous than that, Pietro?" I scowl and shake my head. "Fine. Don't tell me. I understand."

"Do no put that on me, Glory," he says, a firm grimace on his face as his fists make balls, vibrating. "It was not my call. I am under orders-"

"-Now you sound like Steve," I cut him off. "And now I sound like Tony. Do you really think I can't handle this? That I don't deserve to know?"

"Of course you do-"

"-Then tell me! I kind of put Gregory into the ground. I kind of threw him into a wormhole to another reality." I chuckle. "I'm not a child, a secondary Avenger, or weak. I'm pregnant, no helpless." I sigh. "I'm going to have Nat reinstate me as a full time Avenger."

"What? No! You are not ready for that!" Pietro's face turns horrific.

"I won't be on missions," I promise. "I'm just going to be around the tower to help where and when I can." Pietro shakes his head to himself. "Once I'm reinstated, I'm going to get a debriefing from Wanda." I turn to television. "F.R.I.D.A.Y., turn the TV onto the news channel. Tony should be making his speech right about now."

"Which channel, Ma'am?"

"Any one." I turn back to Pietro as F.R.I.D.A.Y. does as I ask. His face is turned away from me, downturned. He looks extremely upset with my choice, and I realize I probably should've asked him about it. We are to be married, and I am having his twins. It's not just my life I have to look after anymore. Until two months from now, everything I do affects our twins directly. "Hey," I whisper, turning his chin towards me. "I'm sorry I was so pushy. I just hate being out of the loop."

He sighs, closing his eyes, taking my hand in his. "I do not want you around the Avengers at a time like this."

"Why?"

"It is not safe. We have two others to think about now." He glances down for a split second.

I rest my forehead to his. "I will be careful. I promise."

With a peck on my forehead, I hear the TV turn to the correct channel. Pietro and I head closer to it, listening to what Tony will be saying. He stands on a public, indoor stage. Security is all around him, and Rhodey stands to his right, and Pepper to his left. "Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. I'd like to thank you all for coming out today. I will be opening the floor to questions after a few words I'd prepared.

"The Second Black Plague was a horrible incident, one that could have been avoided, and one that I take partial responsibility for. We have lost many lives, ones that could have changed the world. We lost a fellow Avenger, Ms. Aspen Penrose-Spencer, wife to Vladimir Penrose-Spencer, and my fellow Avenger's best friend. We won't forget her, or any other, sacrifice made on those days.