t e n

"uno!"
   I rolled my eyes at the sound of yelling coming from the back of the bus. I would've joined in on the large game of uno that consisted of three uno decks and 7 people playing, but i decided i was more than happy to stay where i was in the front of the bus, eating my bagel in (semi) peace.
     "that's not fair! you cheated!"
     "how the hell could i have possibly cheated at uno?"
    I couldn't help but laugh. from the half an hour that the boys have been playing uno with Josh, Tyler, Mark and Adam, i have heard things along the line of "josh always cheats" to "Jeremy, are you color blind or something? like shit, what's wrong with you?"
     "i hate them," Josh pouted as he plopped down on the table bench next to me. He had a frown on his face and his arms were still crossed and i didn't know whether to laugh at him or fake sympathize with him but if i'm being completely honest, all i could really pay attention to were his arms that were popping out and the tattoos designing his skin.
    "don't be a sore loser," i laughed, forcing myself to pay attention to the actual conversation that we were having.
    "i'm not a sore loser!! everyone just always accuses me on cheating and like, i don't even know if it's possible to cheat at uno!" he vented, his hands emphasizing his words and they flew through the air with every word he said. i stifled my smile, not wanting to admit to him that i found it really cute that he was all worked up over nothing but i simply stood up and patted him on the back as i walked over to the garbage to throw my paper plate away.
     "hey, if you want we can play a card game one of these days and i won't accuse you of cheating, alright?" i asked, a smile covering my face because he was still pouting even though he's a 20 year old man that shouldn't be so butthurt over a toddler's card game.
    "really?" he asked with raised eyebrows as if my offer were weird as hell and he couldn't believe i had suggested such a thing.
     "yes really," i laughed, taking my seat again and leaning back so i was comfortable.
    We stayed quiet. The silence was comfortable and in front of us on the wall i had Vampire Diaries playing so i turned the volume up a couple notches so i could actually pay attention again.
"What show is this?" Josh cringed as the sight of blood and the sound of crunching sounded through the room by the graphic scene. Sometimes i forget that other people aren't used to the sounds and the gore until they speak upon it and i realize just how accustomed to the sound i am because of how often i watch the show.
"Vampire Diaries," i smiled, acting as if nothing was wrong with the scene that just ended between Damon and Stefan. Josh didn't say much more, in fact, the only time he did say anything was to ask a specific question and if i am being completely honest I'd say Josh liked Vampire Diaries.

* * * *

     Pretty soon the boys in the back got bored of their card game, and Tyler, Josh and Mark grew tired and said goodnight as they headed toward their bus that was behind us. Tonight was the first night that we would be truly touring. We were scheduled to start the drive to Norfolk in about a half hour and even though we should be excited, it seemed that sleep sounded nice to all of us instead of watching our surroundings and checking out UK at night.
     "you sure there's nothing going on with you and Josh?" Cole asked as all of us laid in our own bunks, holding conversations through the small space between eachother until one of us falls asleep.
     "There's nothing going on with Josh and I. we're just friends. I like being around him is all," i yawned, shutting their ideas and thoughts down as soon as they started conjuring them up.
     "Alright, what about you J, you and Mark eh?" Cole teased, knowing he had hurt Jeremy's ego because god forbid he was gay, even though all of us had a little suspicion that he actually was ever since him and Mark started hanging around eachother.
     "Shut up," he groaned, and i heard him physically turning his body toward the wall, obviously pouting that Cole decided to pick on him.
    looking across the bunks i could see that Lucas had fallen asleep.
     "good job today, you guys. let's kick ass again, tomorrow." I stated before closing my curtains and saying my last goodnight and falling asleep.

*  *  *  *

    The smell of cinnamon woke me up, and at first i was a little confused because 1) the bus wasn't moving anymore and 2) the boys didn't know how to cook so why did it smell like french toast. I quickly opened my curtain and jumped out of my bunk just to get lightheaded from getting up too quickly. i cursed myself for being so weak (jokingly, obviously because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who gets the head rush thing).
    I finally understood a lot of things when i saw take out cartons from Denny's laid out on the counter, buffet style. i laughed at the sight but happily filled myself a plate, practically drooling over it before i could even sit down to eat it. The boys were in a stupid argument about whether bacon is better than sausage or not so i just took my plate and happily sat back in the "living room."
     Again, i was quick to shut all of the blinds so there was no sunlight before turning Netflix back on, allowing myself to have a relaxing morning before things get hectic around show time.
     "hello?" i answered, pressing my phone between my cheek and my shoulder so i could still continue to eat.
     "hi, how are you?" Josh asked, as if we hadn't just spent all last night together.
      "i'm good, i've got a plate of food in front of me and my show is on and theres no sunlight in this room so i can't complain." i laughed, shoving bites of pancakes in my mouth as i spoke.
     and that was how my morning went. Even though josh was like 100 feet away from me (in his own bus), we stayed on the phone and i continued eating as i recited to him what was happening in Vampire Diaries and basically it was the best morning i've had in a while.

__________________________

hello, yes!!! i wrote this on my phone so i'm sorry if there are errors or anything like that! my computer is giving up on me (my keyboard isn't working) so i might be writing the next few chapter on my phone.

i hope you've all been having a great summer!!!

please vote and comment!! (i love comments, you guys are always so sweet)

thank you,
brittney. x

(p.s my twitter is inspirationouis and my insta is brikeller.xo and my tumblr is envyaddiction!!!!)