s e v e n

"Goodbye, Dad. I love you and i'll see you in a month," I muttered, hating that my throat had a lump in it when i promised myself that i wouldn't be emotional in front of so many people.

We were all waiting in the airport, our flight left to start the UK part of the tour in about a half hour and i was still trying to figure out how to say goodbye to dad without having a panic attack.

"I love you, sweetheart. I expect calls and video chats while you're away. don't be afraid to facetime me so you can show me around the UK. it'll be as if i'm there with you," He whispered into my ear as he hugged me. i pulled away, a sad smile covering my face. i nodded to his offers, knowing that if i were to open my mouth, tears would escape with each word i would say.

Cole grabbed my hand once dad and began walking away, pulling me toward where the other guys were standing. All of them had already said their goodbyes, seeming to find it easier than i am taking it, but at the same time it was different. I've never been away from dad more than a week, and throughout that whole week i felt as if i were going to break any moment. I wasn't with the boys for that week, and dad thinks that since i'm with them, that it'll be easier for me.

"You okay?" Cole whispered, noticing how quiet i was being compared the the other guys surrounding me. Josh kept giving me weird looks, and Tyler looked as if he wanted to say something but they both must of figured that they should leave the boys to consoling me.

I couldn't say anything. The thought of being away from the one person i loved the most for so long terrified me, but i also knew that i am and will be surrounded by people that love me, and that should count for something.

"I'm good, just need some time to sleep or something," I shrugged, sending a small smile to Cole before i let go of his hand and walked over to the small coffee stand that was placed next to our flights' gate.

***

"Goodmorning, sleeping beauty." Josh spoke quietly once he noticed i had opened my eyes. We were on the second layover plane to get to London, and everyone seemed to be asleep. I looked out the window and saw how dark it was before truly noticing just how dark the inside of the plane was too.

"what are you doing up?" i whispered, leaning toward him, completely awake.

"I just woke up," he chuckled, looking to his right to see that all of the other boys were still sleeping. nodding my head, I took my phone out of my pocket and unwrapped my headphones from around it.

"you want to listen with me?" i asked, putting the right headphone in my head and holding the left one out for him. He didn't answer me but simply just took the headphone out of my hand and put it in his ear. I smiled to myself, loving how close Josh and I have grown.

Just a year ago if someone were to tell me that i would be friends with Josh and Tyler, and that i'd be going on tour with them, i would laugh. But i'm here, and Josh and i are really good friends and with each moment i spend with him i'm growing more and more fond of him in more than a friendly way.

***

"So this is London," Jeremy spoke as we caught a cab to the hotel we were staying, "I wonder if everyone's going to act like how people acted on skins."

Everyone rolled their eyes, not bothering to reply to his stupid thought. I didn't listen much to what everyone was saying. I was snapped back into the conversation in the car as soon as Lucas nudged my knee.

"So what's going on with you and Josh?" he asked, a smirk covering his face. I felt my heart skip a beat at the accusation before i just playfully pushed his shoulder, trying to play it off.

"We're just friends and you know that," i laughed, sending a fake smile. All the boys rolled their eyes.

"Haven't you like, had the biggest crush on him forever now?" Jeremy asked. I quickly shook my head no, denying anything they kept saying even though i knew i was lying. i didn't want anything to ruin this tour. i didn't want to get attached to anyone and get hurt. I'm more fragile than people think I am and i swear it was more of a curse than a blessing.

Everyone stopped talking when the cab stopped and the man turned around, expecting his money. We were relieved when a big man in a black suit opened our door, letting us out before he leaning into the car and paid for the cab. We turned to look at eachother, stunned at what just happened before the man was back to our sides, staring at us.

"um - thank you f-for paying for our cab ride," i stuttered, staring at the big man. He was intimidating. There was no sign of emotion, his tanned skin contrasting off of the pure white shirt he was wearing under his black suit jacket.

"Just doing my job, Ms. Koyzie." he replied, a small smiled on his lips, "i am one of the many bodyguards that now work for you. Tyler and Josh figured you guys didn't think about bodyguards so they hired me for you. I am Adam, nice to meet you all." he continued. He held out his hand and we all shook it, still in shock that we had a bodyguard.

"This is so sick!" Cole spoke up, looking around us to see Tyler and Josh getting out of their own cab, "We have a bodyguard!" he yelled to them, a smile on his face. Everyone held in a laugh, including Adam. Josh, Tyler and their manager Mark walked toward us with a smile on their faces.

Soon enough, we found ourselves in front of the main desk in the lobby of the fancy hotel, waiting to figure out how our sleeping arrangements will look like.

"Alright, so as you guys wanted, we have put Jeremy, Cole and Lucas in one room. Tyler, Josh and Mark in one room and then Emily, you have your own room." Adam recited, handing us each our own keys.

"Why do i have my own room?" i frowned, disliking the idea of being alone.

"We figured since you were the only girl that you wouldn't want to share a room with a bunch of boys," Adam continued, looking between all of us, "Is that alright?"

"it's fine," I sighed, not trying to make a big deal out of nothing when really all i wanted to do was go to bed.

We all found our separate rooms once we got to the 3rd floor of the hotel we were staying in and quickly said goodnight to eachother. It is only 7 pm, but the jet lag was kicking in. We didn't have a concert tomorrow; Josh explained to me that whenever they fly long enough to get jet lag, they always took the next day off so we could catch up on sleep and get out of the funk we felt after spending so many hours flying across the world.

A loud groan left my mouth as i plopped down on the king sized bed. The room was more of a suite; There was a small kitchen and living room, and the bed was in an actual bedroom, separate from the other rooms. sluggishly, I raised myself up from my bed and walked over to my bag so i could slip on some more comfortable clothes to sleep in. The sky was dark, but the view was beautiful. I smiled, thinking about how long I've always wanted to come to London, and now i'm finally here.

A sigh escaped my mouth, the fluff of pillows being sounded throughout the room as i laid down in the bed so i was facing toward the window. The sounds of cars zooming outside and the light drizzle of rain against the window soothed me, sleep finally consuming my body.