Not a Cult?

WOO I totally wrote something. Can I just say that I hate exams and year 12. Sorry for any mistakes I attempted editing 

********************************

"So how about you give me a tour of the town,” I piped up cheerfully, trying to ease out of the awkward moment. Collin glanced across at me and tapped his fingers along the steering wheel.

“Well er you seem like an outdoors kind of person, I can show you the lake, it’s supposed to be really nice this time of year,” Collin suggested and I agreed immediately. 

As we drove slowly the suburban environment started fading into a lush green environment with trees that towered up into the sky. The radio softly hummed in the background and I discreetly glanced at Collin before slyly reaching for the dial. I switched the channel and soft piano music drifted out of the speakers.

Collin stared at me surprised and smiled and I breathed a sigh of relief. But I wasn’t sure if he was just being nice or actually didn’t mind.

“Please tell me you like classical music as well,” I begged, waiting with baited breath. He laughed and spun the volume dial up.

“Yeah it’s nice,” he muttered, pushing his glasses up. As the road got trickier he lost interest in me and focused on the road. It seemed as though we were slowly being eaten by the forest and that we would never stop. The previous afternoon seemed like a distant memory as I leaned out the window, feeling the wind in my hair with Palladio playing in the background. Eventually Collin slowed down and pulled up at the edge of a road. I hadn’t noticed but it was a small parking lot. I pushed the door open and climbed out, awed by the trees that stood like an imposing wall in front of me.

“Come on, don’t you have the bush out in Australia,” he quipped, nudging me.

“I’m just going to ignore that bad Australian accent for the moment. It’s just really green,” I whispered in a hushed voice. A blanket of squashy green seemed to be protecting the forest, creating a bubble that the outside world couldn’t enter.

I felt excitement building up in me, the desire to run my fingers through the leaves, to touch the damp wood. I grinned at Collin, running towards the trees. I desperately wanted to be a part of this isolated little fantasy world. I could just imaginbe at night, a mystical underworld rising up and playing in the forest. 

Collin stumbled after me and I waited for him to catch up before I stepped past the tree line. Instantly the sunlight was filtered through, giving the forest the shadowed look.

“Oh my God, this is the coolest place ever,” I squealed, darting forward through the trees. I inhaled deeply, acknowledging the different type of forest.

I looked over at Collin who was standing huddled in the middle of the trees, trying to avoid the tree branches, and untangling his shoes from the weeds.

“You’re not much of an outdoor person are you,” I grinned. He took his glasses off, cleaning them on the sleeve of his shirt. He pushed them back up his nose giving me a what-do-you-think look.

“You could say that again,” he muttered, “but you mentioned in an email that you liked the forests and you know,” he trailed off into nothingness and I grinned at him, remembering it.

“Well thanks, it’s been a long time since I’ve not seen a yellow or burnt down forest” I mused, marveling at the dark richness of the wood. Collin started stuttering, red flustering into his cheeks and he started tugging at his collar.

“Er well that’s unlucky, I mean we just happen to live out-,” he stammered and fidgeted with his hands, his eyes darting around everywhere frantically.