Chapter Three - Near Freedom

I tossed and turned all night trying to figure out how my grandma could have known about the other shapeshifter. It was driving me insane I got maybe an hour of sleep that night. Thank goodness it was a Saturday or I would have faked being sick or something. 

I glanced at my clock, it was only 5:30 am. 

"Ughhhhhhhh" I groaned. Suddenly I heard voices outside of my bedroom. 

There is no way Jess and Ivan were awake, they always stayed up till at least 1:00 am watching movies or doing God knows what else.

 I slowly opened up my door and peeked outside. 

Nothing, the noise must have been coming from down stairs. 

I got out of my room and turned my head and gasped. It was my reflection in the mirror.

 "Ew." I whispered to myself. I had a huge oversized shirt on with my hair in a messy bun.

 I heard the voices again so I slowly tip toed down stairs. The sun was not even out yet so it was still dark in the house. 

The noise was coming from my grandmas room, all of the lights in her room were on and the was door was slightly propped open. I peeked inside and I heard my grandma talking.

"Did you tell her?" I heard an old man's voice say.

"Yes, I told her last night." my grandma said in a whispering voice.

"How did she react?" the man said.

"She was floored, I can't wait for her to eventually find him."

"Great. I'm sure their paths with cross sooner or later."

"Would if they never find each other?" my grandma mumbled.

"They will Darlene, I promise."

"Ok, well I need to go before she wakes up, goodbye Jay!"

"Goodbye Darlene."

I heard her get up and close her laptop. I quietly ran up stairs and sat on my bed. 

Who was Jay? What were they talking about? Most importantly, who were they talking about?

I was so confused about everything. I glanced at my clock and it was still really early, and I thought I heard someone down stairs. I peeked out my door, it was grandma in her pajamas making a cup of coffee. I figured since Jess and Ivan were still sleeping now would be a good time to question grandma about supernatural things. I shifted into a parrot and flew on the island.

"Morning Grandma" I squawked changing back to myself.

"Oh my." she said startled spilling milk on the counter that she was about to pour into her coffee. 

 "Sorry Grandma, I didn't mean to scare you."

 "It's ok Hayden, what are you doing up so early?" she said wiping up the milk.

"I couldn't really sleep last night, kind of busy thinking about what you said." hinting around I wanted her to tell me more.

 "Oh really." she said sitting in her favorite chair in the living room.

 I shifted into a cat and jumped up onto the couch.

"What else do you know about the other shifter?"

 "I told you everything I knew." she said with a faint red face.

 "Grandma??" I said losing my patience.

"I TOLD YOU THATS ALL I KNOW!" she yelled, her eyes glowed bright red and she jumped up and spilled her coffee everywhere.

 I slowly backed up and changed to myself.